• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Introducing "Ask Abbie"

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in
Status
Not open for further replies.

aNi

I'm pleased to announce that we'll be introducing "Ask Abbie".

"Ask Abbie" is your opportunity to get your questions regarding Titanfall answered by Abbie Heppe, Community Manager of Respawn Entertainment herself, as well as being featured directly here on the front page of the site.

Myself and the rest of the staff will choose the top 10 best questions submitted by our members and put them directly to Abbie Heppe to answer. We will then post up your questions and her responses for all of our Community members to read.

View attachment 43
Abbie being grabbed by The Atlas Titan!

There are a few things worth mentioning - Abbie has confirmed that she will not be able to answer ALL questions. There's certain things they cannot discuss as of yet and are not prepared to reveal. If she can't answer the question, it's not a case of being rude! Please bear this in mind when submitting your questions.

We'll be kicking off "Ask Abbie" in January and hope to have multiple opportunities to have your questions answered leading up to the launch of Titanfall.

We'll let you know how and where to submit your questions in the next few weeks!

Attachments

• abbie.jpg
    abbie.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited by a moderator:

TudorVII

Avenger Class Titan
Awesome! It's always nice to see community managers interacting with the different communities, and this is a great way for Abbie to get inolved.

Hagan

@Abbie:

Please explain pilot and titan customization. Will there be perks/attachments/abilities? How wide of a spectrum will this encompass? How does the class customization delinate these choices?

How many maps and gametypes in the final game?

Kingkat54

Premium User
Abbie: If I log in to the game, and the "server" is empty, (no human players in game) will I still be able to play the game..? or will I have to be in a populated server? ...or will I have to wait for other human players to join?

Thank you for your reply.................:)

roccityroller

@Abbie In what ways, if at all, will the game support the creation of private matches/lobbies to set up custom games with friends? And what kind of control will we have over game modes/bot numbers/etc?

roccityroller

@Abbie Can you discuss the variation in maps that will be available at launch in regards to size, setting, etc? How many maps will the game ship with?

sidd230

Well, one of the biggest questions is, as the game runs on source engine, will there be mods for it?

TracyJackson

Will there be rentable servers that players can either rent or buy in this game? If not, then what kind of server/room options will we have to customize our matches?

Steed

UpArmored Tricycle Test Pilot
@Abbie:

Please explain pilot and titan customization. Will there be perks/attachments/abilities? How wide of a spectrum will this encompass? How does the class customization delinate these choices?

How many maps and gametypes in the final game?

I second this question.

AF1992

@Abbie
I asked Steven (Sledgehammer) about this a while ago and he said they weren't ready to talk about it.
My question is will we be able to download the game early before release on Xbox1 (similar to how Steam allows), so that we can jump into the action as soon as our local servers go live at midnight?

Curlychew

@Abbie
I asked Steven (Sledgehammer) about this a while ago and he said they weren't ready to talk about it.
My question is will we be able to download the game early before release on Xbox1 (similar to how Steam allows), so that we can jump into the action as soon as our local servers go live at midnight?

I think this really need addressing with Microsoft. If we're moving into an era of ultra accessible gaming and media, we need to pre load our devices with the green light to go on release. My home BB is terrible. I can only assume this will be a 10gb install, for me to download this, I'm looking at 10-15 hour wait.

I can't do anything about my BB speed but I can prepare for it

Hagan

Will we be able to download, install and patch the game client before the servers launch for the PC digital version?

stp366

Hey Abbie, What are some of the main things that differ between the xbox one version and xbox 360 version?

Blankman

Abbie: Since there is no single-player campaign that would otherwise occupy the players' time, having as many maps is imperative to the game's longevity and critical reception. How many maps will TF launch with?

Status
Not open for further replies.