• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita In what genre are you the worst/best at?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

phatBattalion

In general I suck at fighting games and at competitive/multiplayer games. I would lose badly in a fighting game that one average player will find no difficulty in finishing. It's just that I would end up just mashing buttons,getting frustrated that I couldn't time the sequences to release my combos.

But still I'm interested in fighting games ; for the sake of it's story, I'd play it story mode in easy difficulty, until I get tired of it.

Also in multiplayer games, I would always lose, but that's not the reason I prefer to play alone. I find enjoyment in gaming when playing single player.

I think I'm good (or I can make it through) puzzle/platformer/action games, because while I may not have the skills I have the patience and perseverance to analyze what is needed in a game. (Trying to solve my impulsiveness and being short-tempered)

3VOLVE

I <3 Innuendos.
Hmm I want to say RPGs but there haven't been many challenging RPGs out there for me, Pokemon is just the worst one to bring up in terms of difficulty but Final Fantasy XIII was moderate. :p

I guess between Action RPGs and Racing games...

tubers

Any competitive game. I'm bad at.

Below average skill everywhere else.

I'm literally a casual gamer.. (as opposed to competitive, hardcore gamer)

SuperRawrBrosx3

Well, I consider myself to be a pretty all-around/well balanced gamer, but competitive traditional fighting games and competitive first person shooters are where I need help lol.

Seriously, I was just playing Dust 514 and I ran away from people that shot at me.

PSJamesMysterio

Best - Third person shooter action adventure platform games cough*Uncharted*cough*Jakanddaxter*Cough
Worst - racing. I am awful at any and all racing games.

Sasha_Je

Hmm interesting question...When it comes to fighting games I am not that good...usually I can stand a chance of normal difficulty single player but when it comes to competitive gaming I am not that good at all. And Puzzle games are not my thing, I don't have the patience to do puzzles in a video games, therefore I suck at them.
I like to think I am good at RPG's, I love to mess around with builds and try to break the game mechanics in order to create an OP character...and most of time I am able to do this. Regarding competitive gaming time is the most important aspect...the more time to invest in a game the higher level you will have, better gear and of course better experience in PvP.

Batman

I think I'm fairly decent in most game types both online and offline. It sometimes takes me awhile but once I get the hang of it, fighting games, FPS, racing, RPGs etc. are no problem for me.

However one game which I fail miserably at is Starcraft 2, I cannot for the life of me beat anyone but the most casual of PC players like myself, I do love watching the pros though, I spend hours going over youtube videos and the skill of these guys is amazing the micromanagement and constant awareness required is truly crazy, IMO these guys deserve the big bucks they win in tournaments in Korea etc.

Mamba

I'm good at rpg and sometimes strategy games, and I quickly finish a platform and adventure for a day or two. I'm decent at puzzle games. I suck at fighting, racing and sports games against other players, don't know why, maybe because everything happens so fast that I can't handle it lol.

icmasticc

God, I used to answer this question with "fighting games" without even thinking about it lol. Sadly, that was a from a different time in life haha. Though, this is a tough question. My best genre? Hmm.... I'd probably say fast paced action games in terms of multiplayer. Though this wasn't on consoles, I used to play a third person PC game called GunZ that I considered myself really good at. When it comes to consoles though, I'd probably still say fighting. If I can actually sit down and get a small amount of time to get familiar with the controls, fighting becomes my best genre usually. Though, I barely play it anymore lol.

The way it is now, I play most, if not all, genres(I really only hate puzzle and RTS games lol). I'm like a jack of all trades, but a master of none now XDD.

tuna+egg

I'm not particularly good at anything, and I suck at a lot games, notably FPS, and fighting, and action.

Games I can handle: strategy, turn-based rpg, platformers

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements