• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

IMC Rising

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

laddie13

View attachment 612

As part of EA's Gamescom press conference, the always cool Abbie Heppe stepped on stage to talk a bit about Titanfall. She announced that the third and final DLC drop will be called IMC Rising and will release sometime in Autumn, or Fall as we Americans like to refer to it.

Included in the final map pack will be three new maps including Backwater, Zone 18 and Sandtrap.

IMC Rising will be included with the season pass or available for purchase separately.

Attachments

Ik0n88x

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I can't wait.. I have to say.. I have loved all of the DLC maps so far.. although Swampland doesn't really flow too well I feel.

aNi

I'm really surprised we haven't seen a Titan Drop (Pardon the pun) with some new Titans. I struggle to believe these were the only 3 on the concept table. It would of been nice to add a bit more to that side of things.

Ik0n88x

Senior Moderator
Staff member
I'm really surprised we haven't seen a Titan Drop (Pardon the pun) with some new Titans. I struggle to believe these were the only 3 on the concept table. It would of been nice to add a bit more to that side of things.

I think that's all being kept for Titanfall 2 to be honest. It sounds like they'll support in terms of patches and what not but beyond this DLC pack I don't think we'll see anything else crazy until Titanfall 2 which is definitely going to happen.

HailVectron

Father, Welshman, Cmdr
Don't all games that are skill/achievement/level/challenge based like TF have this problem though? They can't surely include any new functional content without the risk changing the parameters of those challenges. A new gun or a new titan might make some challenges easier, making any sort of league table of skill, moot. Burn Cards you can get away with, as they are temporary.

laddie13

Respawn have stated many times on the forums since Titanfall released that there would be no new Titans or weapons.

I think the three Titans included have all the bases covered. I'm not sure what else would work without upsetting the balance of the game. But then again, I find one thing I like and stick to it. For me that's the Atlas.

aNi

Respawn have stated many times on the forums since Titanfall released that there would be no new Titans or weapons.

I think the three Titans included have all the bases covered. I'm not sure what else would work without upsetting the balance of the game. But then again, I find one thing I like and stick to it. For me that's the Atlas.
The atlas is my choice as well for most game types. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the game particularly needs it. I'm just surprised there wasn't add-ons with weapons and titan . The balance question isn't so much of an issue, in my opinion. Battlefield 4 has done it, bf3 before that. The guys at respawn are good at what they do so they could handle that.

I guess it just didn't fit in their vision for the game - that would be my assumption anyway. I don't personally think they needed to add any, I'm just surprised they didn't, considering there direct competitors do.

TheRandumbHero

Staff member
The atlas is my choice as well for most game types. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the game particularly needs it. I'm just surprised there wasn't add-ons with weapons and titan . The balance question isn't so much of an issue, in my opinion. Battlefield 4 has done it, bf3 before that. The guys at respawn are good at what they do so they could handle that.

I guess it just didn't fit in their vision for the game - that would be my assumption anyway. I don't personally think they needed to add any, I'm just surprised they didn't, considering there direct competitors do.
This is a tough one for me. I really like Titanfall but the maps have never been a problem for me. Now i know its the last DLC, and as someone stated above Respawn have stated no new titans or weapons, BUT something more is needed. Titanfall are about to have their biggest competition yet on the XB1...Destiny and unless they do some major they're going to lose alot of player attention, however maybe they don't want to keep our attention, at the end of the day DLC is nearly done, they keep nerfing weapons because people whine too much, we've spent our money do they care? I hope so. Slightly irritating about TF2 being multi-platform, feel like we've all be used as glorified beta testers.

Anyway back on topic. Excited to see what the new maps are like....just think we need more than maps.....

HailVectron

Father, Welshman, Cmdr
This is a tough one for me. I really like Titanfall but the maps have never been a problem for me. Now i know its the last DLC, and as someone stated above Respawn have stated no new titans or weapons, BUT something more is needed. Titanfall are about to have their biggest competition yet on the XB1...Destiny and unless they do some major they're going to lose alot of player attention, however maybe they don't want to keep our attention, at the end of the day DLC is nearly done, they keep nerfing weapons because people whine too much, we've spent our money do they care? I hope so. Slightly irritating about TF2 being multi-platform, feel like we've all be used as glorified beta testers.

Anyway back on topic. Excited to see what the new maps are like....just think we need more than maps.....
I think its exactly this - I mean - it was a brand new IP, they couldn't invest everything in game #1. Now they know its been a success, they'll spread the net for #2 across more platforms, and hopefully plan more extensive DLS packages. I'm not really annoyed at being a beta tester for #1, as you rightly say - I got to play it after all, at the start, and wouldn't have found this place if it hadn't been for TF !

TheRandumbHero

Staff member
I think its exactly this - I mean - it was a brand new IP, they couldn't invest everything in game #1. Now they know its been a success, they'll spread the net for #2 across more platforms, and hopefully plan more extensive DLS packages. I'm not really annoyed at being a beta tester for #1, as you rightly say - I got to play it after all, at the start, and wouldn't have found this place if it hadn't been for TF !
Ok actually this is a really good point, i guess the investment across MP for the first game was a gamble, just with EA producing they could of done it. VERY true, wouldnt of found all you lovely people if not for TF ;)

aNi

The reason Titanfall was not multi platform was due to the game being based on azure (Microsoft's cloud servers). At the time and even now, Sony cannot rival that yet. That was the design decision. Titanfall was the first game of this type of infrastructure, so it was quite important in fact.

TheRandumbHero

Staff member
The reason Titanfall was not multi platform was due to the game being based on azure (Microsoft's cloud servers). At the time and even now, Sony cannot rival that yet. That was the design decision. Titanfall was the first game of this type of infrastructure, so it was quite important in fact.
AND KNOWLEDGE BOMB!...Thanks Ani that clears that up then, still stand by the we need something a bit more than just new maps though :D

macisaguy

Cannon Fodder
I really think Titanfall 2 is going to be the game Titanfall should have / could have been. I think they'll do some kind of campaign, fleshing out the story. I think they'll really expand and dive into the Titanfall universe. I think they'll add new Titan and Pilot abilities.

My sense is that Respawn needed to get the game out sooner rather than later in order to establish themselves, get revenue coming in, etc. I think they wish they could've had another year to work on it before release. I know that the universe they've created is awesome, and I think they know they haven't really been able to share it properly with players yet.

Also, that "live action" thing they've been showing looks awesome. I mean, it looks stunning. I think that shows the vision Respawn has for the franchise. And one, introductory game just won't come close to what they want the franchise to be. So yeah, I think they're releasing map packs, because DLC is required to keep people interested now. But really, they're hearts have to be set on creating a stellar follow-up at this point.

Also...I think they were smart about the DLC. Maps, and general game updates. No goofball CoD customizations. No new weapons to separate the pack. Just a new game mode and new maps, with some game tweaks. Nice and simple. People might complain, but I think Respawn knows what they're doing, and knows what is best for the gaming community at large.

I have seriously fallen in love with them as a company. They seem to be in touch with, and care about their fans as much as any studio as I've ever seen. They also seem to truly love their product and want to be known as craftsmen when it comes to game development. I love seeing them show that much honor and care in what they do.

Granted, once Destiny comes out, I'll probably leave Titanfall behind. For awhile at least. But it will always be one of my all time favorite games, and you better believe I'll be first in line for Titanfall 2: Spyglass Grows a Heart.

Bangcat

Potentially an odd Cybernetic Intelligence
I think the early admission is indeed in part what slowed things a bit early. I commend them on being fairly up front about no new titans, but there really should be new content other than mostly maps and some tweaks when you're charging for dlc. As for upsetting balance. Heh, mean more than particular burn cards?

But hey, there are things that swing wide in these sorts of games. That's why we have patching, more up grades, and do we not already get advantages when we level up? And now so when they seemed to reverse the decision on the cloning gig only giving an experience buff.

Looks like there's plenty of balance changers, so why not the expected ones like some weapons that just need adjusting? Even perhaps if this weapons were just burn cards, like how we felt about them in the demo.

The content was stopped a bit short. But I do agree that this is their first time getting their feet wet again, with a new company environment, and I do believe things were stopped here other than a few things because I called another thing some time ago.

Titanfall 2 is going to hit you dinner than you think. And that insignia system may in part have been something that was being held too, that they gave up to try and throw the dogs a bone that was intended originally for the next installment.

I hold to my belief that some things fell short of what they should have been. But we got one hell of a sample of what's to come as they tried the waters, and even in this raw form it shook an industry and the love of Mechs and proof we want them.

I look forward to more, and likely what the next big game show is going to tell us.I think this dlc might be a little hint of the next step coming in the sequel. Let's watch and find out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements