• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita If i delete the game from the app screen will I loose save data?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

SC7639

I have downloaded Wipeout with the free code i got from Vodafone and with the error code i have found that apparently if you delete the game and then re download/install it then it works ok. So if i do this will i loose my save data or is there any way to back up my save data?

slimingcheese

as far as i know it won't affect the save the data, i have tried it using my UMVC3 on uninstall and reinstall the app launcher and save data still exist. you can backup your data using your PS3 or Computer. you need to download here http:cma.dl.playstation.net/cma for doing back up on your computer.

UnholyVision

@OP - Digital games saves are tied directly to the application. When you use content manager even there is no other files to move. Once you delete it via your flash memory card it will delete the digital saves from what I have seen. (I did this on my 4gb card after I moved it to my 32gb card). Retail versions if not internal saving do leave a small save file and you can delete the applications stored LiveArea page. Apparently these get stored outside the external memory card. Because even if you switch memory cards it will instantly put a retail copies application bubble onto your other card.

Your best bet would be to use the content manager to move applications directly to a computer or PS3 as said above. I would not really suggest using the backup option though, unless your wanting to keep every little bit of stored data on a different device. Only the single applications and they are very easy to get off and back onto the device. Just a simple check box and hitting of a copy button.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements