• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita I read this blog.

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Yuuki

lol u seem to really like the nintendo products how about u goto nintendoforum.com!
i dont like them i just dont get the logik behind his post.
If so called ninten fanboys say the vita is doomed then they are the worst people of all but if sony fanboys are saying the 3ds is doomed then they are saints.
What is this for a logik.

CUD

okay but why do you say that nintenfanboys are the worst`?
were the sony ones better as the 3ds "failed"
It may just be that I have seen much more of Nintendo fanboys that I dislike them so much, the younger fanbase that Nintendo has is a breeding ground of ignorance and bias. I post a comment voicing my opinion on the Wii U, for example, on a Youtube video and get replies consisting of "I hate you" and others along the same lines with the other fanboys that attempt to refute my points but just end up ignoring any valid arguments that I made and twisting whatever they can to suit themselves; it's just a frustrating discussion that goes nowhere.

Am I implying that there are no Sony, Microsoft, Apple etc. fanboys that are the same way? No. What I am saying is that in my experience Nintendo fanboys, due to the generally younger fanbase, are the worst.

Buramu

Mod Of Steel
okay but why do you say that nintenfanboys are the worst`?

Because they are. As Cud already explained the average Nintendo fanboy usually only owns one system, bought by their parents, and knows nothing whatsoever about gaming.

DuhWhitePanda

Gaming illumiNaughty
Cant say one is better than the other because one isnt out yet. /trufax

I will say Wii U looks very underwhelming from a multi-platform gaming aspect.

aBakedPie

It may just be that I have seen much more of Nintendo fanboys that I dislike them so much, the younger fanbase that Nintendo has is a breeding ground of ignorance and bias. I post a comment voicing my opinion on the Wii U, for example, on a Youtube video and get replies consisting of "I hate you" and others along the same lines with the other fanboys that attempt to refute my points but just end up ignoring any valid arguments that I made and twisting whatever they can to suit themselves; it's just a frustrating discussion that goes nowhere.

Am I implying that there are no Sony, Microsoft, Apple etc. fanboys that are the same way? No. What I am saying is that in my experience Nintendo fanboys, due to the generally younger fanbase, are the worst.

I think the mistake you make is judging people by how they act on youtube (don't know if you had much experience with nintendo-fanboys on other sites). Youtube isn't reliable for judging people, since if you would, you would probably come to the conclusion that 95% is being terribly stupid, which is far from true. I stopped commenting on any youtube video months ago because I realized it is not worth my time. People just try to get you pissed, troll, act stupid, or post useless comments like 'like if you think the dislikers are Justin Bieber fans'.

I think gamers should stop to generalize other gamers and not refer to them as 'nintendo-fanboys' , 'playstation-fanboys' or whatever kind of other fanboys. In the end we all love to game and that should be all that matters. And if a few 'fanboys' from whatever brand they like, are pissing you of, just ignore them, it really isn't worth your time trying to discuss/argue with someone over the internet who isn't even taking it seriously.

Asides from that, I find the comparison Sony makes between the Wii U and the Vita rather interesting, because apart from the crossplay they don't have much in common. But from the other side it is pretty strange too, because they both are meant for audiences and have a different purpose. My main concern is that Sony is trying to praise their Vita by not comparing it to a worthy competitor like the 3DS or something, but rather to a console which has a different purpose and audience. Even though he is probably talking about the Wii U, I don't see this as a seperate handheld or something but rather as a piece of the console.

CUD

I think the mistake you make is judging people by how they act on youtube (don't know if you had much experience with nintendo-fanboys on other sites). Youtube isn't reliable for judging people, since if you would, you would probably come to the conclusion that 95% is being terribly stupid, which is far from true. I stopped commenting on any youtube video months ago because I realized it is not worth my time. People just try to get you pissed, troll, act stupid, or post useless comments like 'like if you think the dislikers are Justin Bieber fans'.

I think gamers should stop to generalize other gamers and not refer to them as 'nintendo-fanboys' , 'playstation-fanboys' or whatever kind of other fanboys. In the end we all love to game and that should be all that matters. And if a few 'fanboys' from whatever brand they like, are pissing you of, just ignore them, it really isn't worth your time trying to discuss/argue with someone over the internet who isn't even taking it seriously.
I am not judging them solely on those I have experienced on Youtube that was just an example. Youtube isn't one big community, the video I was commenting on was tied to a Nintendo related blog so naturally it would have Nintendo fans/fanboys watching it; so not necessarily your everyday Youtube commenter but rather a user from another community. You go on to say not to generalise gamers when you yourself are generalising Youtube users.

On the point of gamer generalisations, I don't recall all gamers of a certain platform being generalised as fanboys just the percentage of them that is unreasonably biased; some even admitting this and referring to themselves as such.

aBakedPie

I am not judging them solely on those I have experienced on Youtube that was just an example. Youtube isn't one big community, the video I was commenting on was tied to a Nintendo related blog so naturally it would have Nintendo fans/fanboys watching it; so not necessarily your everyday Youtube commenter but rather a user from another community.

That's why I said I don't know if you have much experience with those 'fanboys' on other sites. And because I didn't have any more information to work with, I couldn't really judge on anything else but your experience with youtube.

You go on to say not to generalise gamers when you yourself are generalising Youtube users.
Sad but true, I did indeed generalize Youtube users in my previous post. I think I underestimated the ease of putting people in certain groups and it probably became automatism for me to think that most youtube-commenters are like this, without even being aware that I did this. Which is, of course, quite shamefull and a stupid thing to post when talking about not generalizing people.

On the point of gamer generalisations, I don't recall all gamers of a certain platform being generalised as fanboys just the percentage of them that is unreasonably biased; some even admitting this and referring to themselves as such.
It is good that you don't generalize every gamer for loving nintendo more than sony (or whatever), and I guess it is okay too to only use the word fanboy to describe a very certain group of people (trying to not make the same mistake again of generalising people), with some even claiming themselves being a fanboy.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements