• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita I have a question regarding PSN Friend codes

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

JustinM

How does it work? I'm a Microsoft guy. When I turn on my Vita will I create one? And a name? And will we also have a thread to exchange codes?

AKool28

IVIaster IVIod
Well, you can either make a psn on your Vita or your computer. Then you can enter codes and add friends on your psn (SEN)

CoolDust

You will be asked to sign up for a SEN account, you put your details in and a username. (Gamertag) Then to add friends you just have to input their Username. (The same way it works on Xbox.)

Jocaju

I don't have xbox, but I guess the process is the same like others mentioned. You will be asked to create an PSN account if you don't have, try use your ID from xbox (if you like), but have another 100 names ready just in case since the names are all taken :p. Friends codes are Nintendo's, to add a friend, you need to know his/her ID and send them an invite, just like you do on live.

ALUCARD

LOL! Friend Codes? Friend Codes? You say your an MS guy and you use the term 'Friend Codes'?
Sorry, it's just that Nintendy's entire network infrastructure is such a joke.

Anyway, yes as others have said; you create a Sony Entertainment Network account to access the Playstation Network. You can still just call it a PSN account.

You can make it now here:
https://store.playstation.com/accounts/register/beginNewAccountRegistrationFlow.action

What his trying to say is only nintendo uses the term friends codes lol

Mashead2000

You may be able to go to playstation.com and set up an account now in advance of turning your Vita on so when you do get it you can play games straight away ;)

Arock387

Wait....We cant just use the PSN ID's we have on our PS3? I just made a new PSN account on my PS3 as my main to share with my Vita....

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements