• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

How do you feel about Smartphones?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

overcast

Back in those days, the main purpose of mobile phones is to call someone, which was a big deal at that time. But after these smartphones were invented, boom! Everything changed. Phones are not only for communication purposes today. They’re providing us a lot of facilities. They allow us to check our emails, do social networking, play games, and a lot more. It’s almost impossible to spend a day without using our smartphones. It’s like the whole world is at our finger tips. I can’t even imagine a day without my phone lol.
Today things are changed. Mobiles have gyroscope, GPS, fitbit integration, games and camera. So they seem to be consuming a lot on the device. So in future I will not be surprised if it replaces most of the devices. I guess for most likely some devices may end up evolving lot higher. Smartphones are changing every single year.

Tania997

I used to think the same when they first came out. I thought of it as a gimmick for rich kids and never understood why would you waste so much money on something you don't really need. That was a huge mistake because today I use a smartphone for so many things.. Browsing, chatting, watching videos and reading tutorials.. When I got lost the GPS helped me a lot of times. Things have surely changed.

SashaS

I used to be obsessed with smartphones. I'd live stream the releases and keynotes and I'd memorise the specifications of each one. I knew exactly which processor, display, storage chip and operating system every single major smartphone had. I was a walking encyclopaedia of smartphones because they have always fascinated me. Today, I still love smartphones but I'm definitely not as obsessed as I used to be.

I had an iPhone 6, which was great, but in the pursuit of minimalism and downsizing, among other reasons, I decided to get a Motorola Moto G4 Play. Its essentially a simple little phone that does what you need it to do - in my case communicate and play music - and practically nothing else. Sure, you can play games, get more apps, watch movies, e.t.c. but I don't need that so I just keep the essentials loaded up. Its nice living this way, not constantly starting at your phone scrolling through Instagram feeds or endless notifications. I still keep up to date on smartphone news though, its interesting because they are the pinnacle of innovation.

amitkokiladitya

Smartphones have become more of a basic survival amenity. Life without them.appears tough and possible. The smartphone are so compact but wonderful equipments which have made life super easy.

I access most of my online work via my smartphone. So for me spending even a single second without it appears like ages.

potentialwriter

Smartphones are not just phones, but partly a computer system. Considering its effectiveness, a smartphone can be used as a substitute for a personal computer or laptop. Though it does not consume energy quickly like the computer, it's still used exactly like the computer. There is no task you would perform on the computer that you won't be able to do on your smartphone. I use my own smartphone to make a living online. I work with two to three freelance writing companies and do all of my writing with my smartphone. I use it just like the computer.

ColdFlameChris

From the moment I heard about smartphones, I knew that this device would really make our lives easy and would dominate the world, literally. Most of the people, nowadays, are always holding their smartphones and every action they make, smartphones are included in every way. Honestly, I also spend more time on my smartphone rather than doing normal things like talking to my families, hang-out with friends, do some chores and more. Yeah, it really helps us a lot but I don't know anymore if that's a good thing.

Kammy

Comparing the smartphones of today to what was cellular phone way back when... I think it is a whole lot handier and effective now compared to before. Just with the size and weight itself is a big progress. Now a days smart phone are well received by consumers. It's like a Swiss knife, a gadget with everything you need. From phone calls to text, camera to editing, posting to e-mailing documents name it the smart phone can do it. It is an essential item fit for the millennials of today.

overcast

Smartphones are not just phones, but partly a computer system. Considering its effectiveness, a smartphone can be used as a substitute for a personal computer or laptop. Though it does not consume energy quickly like the computer, it's still used exactly like the computer. There is no task you would perform on the computer that you won't be able to do on your smartphone. I use my own smartphone to make a living online. I work with two to three freelance writing companies and do all of my writing with my smartphone. I use it just like the computer.
To some extent yes they are replacing computers. I mean everything we can do on laptop and desktop is possible with the smartphones. And people can see often things may take time with the understanding of the phone. So depending on how the people are learning. In future they would have to get used to smartphones. I am sure that many of us would in future may move to the smartphones for majority of the tasks.

Soulwatcher

I like the smartphones, in fact, I cannot leave the home without it. I like to surf on the Facebook, or play games when I have the chance in traffic, or even to listen to some music. I am glad that the technology advanced to create such a good things to use for us!
I agree smartphones are great for checking Facebook, browsing the web, and playing games when you're away from home. I couldn't use it as a full-time device though. But it is great in a pinch and I don't mind using it once in awhile just not every day LOL. :cwl:

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements