• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

How do you feel about Smartphones?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

Soulwatcher

I can remember when smartphones entered the market. I was so anti smartphone it's not even funny. I thought it was the biggest waste of money lol. Fast forward to today, it's my weatherman, my camera, my calendar, my notebook, my game console, my calculator, my gateway to the internet, my phone, I can go on and on. And to sum it up I never leave home without it! How about you? How do you feel about Smartphones?

overcast

I was like the same. I used Nokia's basic models 1100i for upto 2012. And from there I started with smartphones. I switched to HTC phone first. Then purchased Nokia. After that Samsung and now finally Xiaomi phone series. So I think all this time was a bit too fast for me. I find smartphones good enough for getting things done. Like paying bills and booking stuff online. It saves a lot of time and money.

wallet

I like the smartphones, in fact, I cannot leave the home without it. I like to surf on the Facebook, or play games when I have the chance in traffic, or even to listen to some music. I am glad that the technology advanced to create such a good things to use for us!

vinaya

When smartphones were introduced in my local market, I wanted to get it, however, I did not money for the device. I bought my first smartphone one year later. Just imagine, I waited for the entire year to get my first smartphone.
One of the interesting things I fremember about smartphone is related to cellphone manufacturer Nokia. Nokia did not launch smartphone immediately. Then it began to lose its customers. before smartphones were introduced, Nokia was the number one phone maker. Today, nokia is far behind iPhone and Samsung.

Kira1

Smartphones are, well, smart. They are built for one sole reason and that reason is to give us this compact go-to's in a single device. I can still remember the day when I was planning to get my first android smartphone. And it was because of this rpg game and it has really good graphics. After that, I've began to learn all the benefits of having one and so, I wasn't leaving the house without one too, up until now. :D

I believe smartphones are the best thing that has ever happen in our world, and chocolates.

ballyhara

I've never been a fan of technology, in fact I'm kind of behind it hahaha. But, when it comes to smartphones I do need them. It has become a very important tool for my every day, specially for work. I've downloaded all the apps that I need for work, and that has made my job way more easy. Also, I live far from my parents, so that is my way to keep in touch with them by video calls.

Mariana

Haha, I was the same... I saw no point in smartphones. When I saw some articles introducing them, I laughed at it and said that this is useless. Now, look at me. I'm completely hooked to my smartphone. I use it every single day, for hours and hours. It's the handiest and most convenient gadget that I own. I take pictures with it, I text, I call, I play games, I make appointments, I pay through it, and more.

The smartphone is a big part of my life because I also use it for business purposes and it's AMAZING.

JoeMilford

I am like you--I use my Smartphone for multiple purposes, and I use it multiple times a day. I once complained about how much other people used their phones, and now I think I have become what of those people I once complained about. I use it for myriad business, personal, and pleasure reasons. I am sure that I have barely tapped in to all that my phone can do for me, but I'd say it is doing plenty enough as it is already.

JoeMilford

I've never been a fan of technology, in fact I'm kind of behind it hahaha. But, when it comes to smartphones I do need them. It has become a very important tool for my every day, specially for work. I've downloaded all the apps that I need for work, and that has made my job way more easy. Also, I live far from my parents, so that is my way to keep in touch with them by video calls.
I am with you on this. I think I was a Luddite or even a techno-phobe for a while. I avoided technology as much as possible until my life, business, and writing projects required of me to embrace it. I am still a bit reluctant, but I must live and compete in this age with all of the rest of us, so embracing the Smartphone was inevitable.

fishmonk

I am very reliant on my mobile phone. I use it to communicate via SMS, Whatsapp, Discord, Skype,Facebook Messenger, and etc. Besides that, I always use it to purchase stuff through eCommerce sites which have mobile apps. Smartphones are also great in providing entertainment as I can watch shows and listen to music as well. I rarely game on my smartphone but it is definitely a viable option for me. I like reading comics and articles on my smartphones too.

JoeMilford

I am very reliant on my mobile phone. I use it to communicate via SMS, Whatsapp, Discord, Skype,Facebook Messenger, and etc. Besides that, I always use it to purchase stuff through eCommerce sites which have mobile apps. Smartphones are also great in providing entertainment as I can watch shows and listen to music as well. I rarely game on my smartphone but it is definitely a viable option for me. I like reading comics and articles on my smartphones too.
Good pint here in terms of apps, to be true. Considering all that a Smartphone can do for you when you are on the go, I think that it is very necessary to mention the convenience and importance of the many apps offered to us to assist in our daily lives and important activities.

jayveeborres

Smartphones are everything. I can youtube, facebook, even calculator, watch downloaded videos. There's a map also like the Google Maps. Smartphones are amazing tho

JoeMilford

Smartphones are everything. I can youtube, facebook, even calculator, watch downloaded videos. There's a map also like the Google Maps. Smartphones are amazing tho
You just made me think of how many times my phone's GPS has saved me while I was lost in a city. When I recently visited New York City, and I was sojourning in Astoria, switching the app to walking mode kept me from really circling many city blocks for hours. On one levek, I feel a bit silly, because I should be smart enough to navigate without my phone. However, the phone took care of that issue for me and let me focus my energy on other things, like enjoying a totally new and thriving place for me.

jkeypad

It's everything now for me, very handy alright, but I dont want to be attached to it because I dont like the feeling of obsession and be dependent on my phone. I use it for work, scheduling my plans but I still write it in my planner. it is also used to contact my family and friends, games, social media, workout and music. What I like about smartphones is the convenience, I can connect to the internet everywhere, you can do everything with them without having my laptop beside me. However, I can be happy without my smartphone but because of work, I need to have one.
Sounds like I'm not a fan of technology too:D

JoeMilford

It's everything now for me, very handy alright, but I dont want to be attached to it because I dont like the feeling of obsession and be dependent on my phone. I use it for work, scheduling my plans but I still write it in my planner. it is also used to contact my family and friends, games, social media, workout and music. What I like about smartphones is the convenience, I can connect to the internet everywhere, you can do everything with them without having my laptop beside me. However, I can be happy without my smartphone but because of work, I need to have one.
Sounds like I'm not a fan of technology too:D
I like your post here, and I find it interesting how different people use digital versus analog approaches to different aspects of their lives. For example, I have poet friend who composes poems and records oral poetry into his Smartphone, which is a "smart" idea, I think, but I still carry around my Moleskine notebook and much prefer to scribble my poetry into that than a phone screen or tablet, even with a stylus. So, I think it is still good to stay attached to our organic practices as well as we all become so dependent on these devices.

jkeypad

I like your post here, and I find it interesting how different people use digital versus analog approaches to different aspects of their lives. For example, I have poet friend who composes poems and records oral poetry into his Smartphone, which is a "smart" idea, I think, but I still carry around my Moleskine notebook and much prefer to scribble my poetry into that than a phone screen or tablet, even with a stylus. So, I think it is still good to stay attached to our organic practices as well as we all become so dependent on these devices.

Thank you, I like the old way, there are benefits of writing with a pen and a paper. For me, one of the good sides is it limits the distractions.
I used Moleskine too, to jot down my plans in regards to my hobby. Anyhow, id say, even we are living in a modern Technology still I will end up doing the old-fashioned way as it gives me a natural,cozy feeling. I also respect people who like to use devices because it's more easier for them, it's a matter of which way you are more comfortable with.

ballyhara

I am with you on this. I think I was a Luddite or even a techno-phobe for a while. I avoided technology as much as possible until my life, business, and writing projects required of me to embrace it. I am still a bit reluctant, but I must live and compete in this age with all of the rest of us, so embracing the Smartphone was inevitable.
I feel you. I can't deny I was kind of a mess when I started to use my old Android, you would have had so much fun just by watching me fighting with it hahaha. So far, I have to confess I'm still very bad with iOs technology, and I don't care if I'm considered lazy, but that is why I rather choose Android, because it makes things easier to me. Sometimes I get amazed how my friends's kids handle my phone and tablet, they make me feel like a fossil hahaha.

honeybabe

Me too before I just started in Nokia phone I just bought phone for just texting. But now as Smartphone evolve it is all in one gadget now. I can text, see movie, download, chat, see my love ones in Skype, my calendar, alarm clock and many other features that Smartphone can offer now. It is everyday necessity now. Almost all people can leave in their house without mobile phone like a feeling of something is missing in you if you forget you phone... Well that is reality now but for me it is a big help for all people to be updated anytime anywhere.

Dexter Morgan

Back in those days, the main purpose of mobile phones is to call someone, which was a big deal at that time. But after these smartphones were invented, boom! Everything changed. Phones are not only for communication purposes today. They’re providing us a lot of facilities. They allow us to check our emails, do social networking, play games, and a lot more. It’s almost impossible to spend a day without using our smartphones. It’s like the whole world is at our finger tips. I can’t even imagine a day without my phone lol.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements