• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Help shape DestroyRepeat.com

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in
Status
Not open for further replies.

aNi

Hey guys,

So this is a discussion I've been wanting to create for a while. I'm a firm believer that a Community isn't about being a static existence. It should be directly controlled as much as possible by the people that make it a success, the users.

Moving forward we want to add features that you want the most and what you will think will keep you engaged and contributing to the Community. It's not all about what you get out of it, it's also what you think you can bring to it.

Below is a Roadmap which I am working on, but I'd like you guys to directly influence it and the order in which it is completed.

Look

The look of the site has completely changed and the feedback so far has been good. Do you like it? Would you like to see another color variation? We have a Blue / Orange version in development at the moment, but if there's anything outside of this you'd like, please chime in.

Premium / Donator incentives

Although I try to fund as much of the site developments as possible, it's really great to see people donating to help improve the site and community for everyone. An important focus for me has been to ensure we reward those that go the extra mile for helping out, whilst not appearing the site has a paywall (Which it certainly doesn't)

I've completely re-done the user permissions for the site which will allow for better scaling and ease of implementing premium user benefits without excluding regular members. Below are some of the benefits that have either been implemented or are in the process of being so.

• Custom Cover Photos on Premium Members and donators profiles
  • Improved name styling and a replacement for the Ace Pilot Skull which everyone loved
  • Additional storage access in the Media section
  • More chances to win competitions (x4 multiplier)
  • Exclusive Donator / Premium member Raffles for prizes on top of the regular competitions

Teams + Tournaments support

Right now, the core of the teams app is in place. We're increasing the games supported and adding more features to this system. Some of the key features that are slowly being implemented are as follows.

• Unifying of colors of Clan tags to the system the Clan plays on (Xbox =Green, PC=Silver, PS=Blue)
  • More control over the display of the team
  • The addition of Category Covers to showcase some artwork from the game your team plays
  • The ability to challenge other teams
This is all happening right now and is rather fluid. I'm working directly with the developer to see some of these features added. As the system is quite complex, I don't have an ETA on completion although we are working hard to ensure this happens as soon as possible.

User Submitted Reviews

We're working on adding user submitted reviews to the site for games of their choosing. We're looking at the best way to implement this. Basically we'd have a section where users select their category or platform and can submit their thoughts on said hardware / software / game, whilst being interactive with the rest of the community.

Interactive article system

Ever wanted to get into game news journalism but don't have enough time to do it full-time? We're looking at implementing a system which will allow users to submit their own articles. This will provide us with a unique range of coverage across a variety of games. Whether you like the most niche game in the world or you are a keen competitive Call of Duty enthusiast, we want to create a platform where your articles stand out and can be shared and discussed with the rest of the Community.

We'd still be doing official articles, but user submitted ones would be a massive contributing factor. Unlike our previous article system which was limited to staff and not tied directly to the forums, this is a universal system which means one account , no bridges and seamless integration.

Featured Threads

Another thing we're looking at doing is featuring the best discussion topics at the top of each forum section and even on the forum homepage. Why? Well it helps draw attention to subjects of mass importance and it also inspires and rewards members who submit / create awesome content with the exposure and recognition they deserve.

All of this costs money and our Donators really are helping to ensure these features come in. The question is, of everything discussed so far, what is most important to you?

Your donations help!

Remember if you like what you're doing and can spare a few $ it would be awesome if you could donate. If you can't that's not a problem. If you'd like to make a donation, please do so by clicking here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Look

The look of the site has completely changed and the feedback so far has been good. Do you like it? Would you like to see another color variation? We have a Blue / Orange version in development at the moment, but if there's anything outside of this you'd like, please chime in.
I like the current blue/purple design, I like blue, but I don't like purple when viewing a site (even if used sparingly, which you did), so hopefully this orange/blue combo is an alternate of this current design. Otherwise, excellent job.

Also, I still don't like the circular avatar display, I know the skin that you're using - allows for this to be toggled on/off.
Featured Threads

Another thing we're looking at doing is featuring the best discussion topics at the top of each forum section and even on the forum homepage. Why? Well it helps draw attention to subjects of mass importance and it also inspires and rewards members who submit / create awesome content with the exposure and recognition they deserve.
If anyone wants to see this in action, here ya go: www.codforums.com [Not a competing site to Destroy. Repeat.]
I paid $35 just for that. It has a lot of features; the plugin is quite nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

roccityroller

• Unifying of colors of Clan tags to the system the Clan plays on (Xbox =Green, PC=Silver, PS=Blue)
Would we be able to get a third color for multi-platform? or allow a team to support all colors and allot the user to pick the color of their system? this may be the way it's intended to work, but i just want to avoid a team like T2 having to break up into the different divisions.

But the vision is solid. And you've shown throughout, at least my time here, that you are not content with the community and will continue to improve and try new things (for better or worse). This is what we'll keep this community thriving and i think i speak for the majority of members when i say we appreciate all that you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.