• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Have you ever fallen asleep while gaming?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

Soulwatcher

I am pretty sure that every gaming addict has to fall asleep while gaming. I know I have! :cwl: It's always because I am trying to get that last piece of gear that I need or I am trying to finish a level. :cwl: How about you? Have you ever fallen asleep while gaming?

Mariana

I am also guilty of falling asleep while gaming, haha! I mean it's logical if you are playing at late hours and by some chance, you're in your comfy bed and you don't have the lights on.

I am similar to you and get easily a bit addicted and just want to try to get the XY item or just do a tiny bit more!

It actually happened with Minecraft once. I was playing on my Xbox 360 and I remember I was trying to finish a building. I don't even know when but I just closed my eyes and fell asleep, haha. I really wanted to get at least one of the walls done so I was pushing myself. When I woke up I was so confused... it took me a few minutes to realize what just happened.

I am glad that I'm not alone.

fishmonk

I have never fallen asleep when playing Minecraft. However, I had fell asleep on my keyboard while waiting for my friends to queue for a game of Dota.I woke up the next morning on my chair.

wallet

I remember this because of it was hilarious, last year I have fallen asleep on my chair in the front of PC when I have played Counter Strike Global Offensive. I was killed and I was waiting for the match to finish and I don't know how I have asleep.

In the next morning, the laugh of my wife waked me up!

JoeMilford

Oh my God--great question here--however, it is going to incriminate me.
To my shame, I must admit, that I have fallen asleep while playing, AND, on top of that, spilled my drink all over me, which I realized in the morning, and the first thing I thought was, "Oh no, I hope I didn't soak my controller". Pretty sad.

ballyhara

Actually I've been pretty close to fall sleep while playing, but whenever I feel that tired I rather pause the game to continue later. Maybe is because I feel really uncomfortable when I fall sleep on a chair, sometimes I wake up like 2 hours later and then I can't go back to sleep, so I feel better when I stop and go to bed.

giovanniiiii

I only fall asleep when playing games while lying down on my bed. I used to fall asleep while reading visual novels on my laptop and while playing 3DS games such as Animal Crossing and Monster Hunter. When falling asleep while playing a game, usually a person will wake up after 2-5 hours, just to turn off the console. I think this is the case for everyone, or that is just for me.

amitkokiladitya

I have played games with drooling eyes but I have never fallen asleep while playing. There are times when my mind signals me to head off to the bed but my heart fails to leave the console. This is a regular battle which I face at least 4-5 times in a week. I give up when I know I can no longer cope up with my sleep or start playing very badly.

Marvadaum

I have never fallen asleep while gaming. The tension and adrenaline keep me up. In fact, i have a hard time falling asleep after a good gaming session. I have however fallen asleep in front of the TV more times than I can count.

overcast

I think this is happening to me a lot lately. I slept this Saturday while playing the game. My nephew closed the game and put off AC. So I guess age seems to be catching up. I think I played too much of games. And it's kind of exhausting with real life and gaming balance. I guess I have to spend more time offline for this reason.

Xilkozuf

No, never - and I never fallen asleep also while watching movies, if that counts! When I feel like I'm too tired I usually don't play at all, because I feel I would be completely unproductive and.. just play badly. Also I feel like it's not pretty healthy doing something like playing a videogame while too tired: we need some rest in our lives!

Marvadaum

No, never - and I never fallen asleep also while watching movies, if that counts! When I feel like I'm too tired I usually don't play at all, because I feel I would be completely unproductive and.. just play badly. Also, I feel like it's not pretty healthy doing something like playing a videogame while too tired: we need some rest in our lives!
Well, i wish I had this kind of will to go to bed as soon as I feel tired haha. Most of the times after a long day I am tired but still feel like if I go to bed altogether the day will be "cut short". So I go watch a movie or play something. The result? A very tired me the next day. hahaha

Soulwatcher

Well, i wish I had this kind of will to go to bed as soon as I feel tired haha. Most of the times after a long day I am tired but still feel like if I go to bed altogether the day will be "cut short". So I go watch a movie or play something. The result? A very tired me the next day. hahaha
I wish I had that kind of stamina, once I get tired my body starts to shut down. First, my thinking ability goes away, next I start feeling overwhelming boredom, and then the micro sleeping starts. And next thing you know I am waking up the next day with a broken back and neck from sleeping in the chair all night lol. :cwl:

Marvadaum

I wish I had that kind of stamina, once I get tired my body starts to shut down. First, my thinking ability goes away, next I start feeling overwhelming boredom, and then the micro sleeping starts. And next thing you know I am waking up the next day with a broken back and neck from sleeping in the chair all night lol. :cwl:
Hahaha, I've seen it happen with my parents. Always sleeping around or in front of the TV. Didn't think it was so common though. That said I have slept in the middle of a movie before. They don't keep my mind active as a game does. Even If a movie is very good chances are I can sleep in front of it haha.

vinaya

I have never slept in the middle of the game, however, sometime I play until I can no longer because of sleepiness. When I have sleeping trouble, I start plaing games. Game tires my mind so much that in a short time I feel to sleepy. However, sometimes sleep does not com easily and I comtinue playing game until I feel exhausted.

CBL28

Maybe on mobile, but never on my laptop. There was a time when I would go to sleep at 3 AM, because I started getting drowsy around that time. Still, when sleep starts kicking in, I decide to call it a day and rest. I'd rather not let games interfere with my metabolism.

Kammy

Yes I have. Do you know that feeling when you are so into a game that you cannot refuse but play it. I was into a game one time that I fell asleep 'coz I was playing it for two days straight.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements