• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Halo 5: Guardians Beta

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

TheRandumbHero

Its been confirmed that the Guardians beta will be exclusive to The Masterchief Collection owners....Good move or bad move by 343?

The Beta will kick off on December 29th and will run for 3 weeks. This will be focusing on the mutiplayer. Its awesome been confirmed that its possible to unlock "stuff" in the beta that you can take forward into the full release.

The release date of Halo 5:Guardians is currently TBC however is stated to be in Q3 2015.

Jenbuu

Its a good strategy and one that's been used countless times, lets hope that they don't get half way through the beta then open it up for everyone because that will annoy the player base.

I don't mind though ill be in the beta, so ill see you all in there!

xBassDropYETIx

World's Friendliest Yeti
Its a good move even though I don't like it. I usually take part in betas to convince myself whether or not to play the game.

Bangcat

Potentially an odd Cybernetic Intelligence
QUOTE="xBassDropYETIx, post: 21936, member: 291"]Its a good move even though I don't like it. I usually take part in betas to convince myself whether or not to play the game.[/QUOTE]
I way I will be getting 5. I don't trend to go play the re master titles, but genuine new halo games, I'll be there. Last game's main story was a little weak, but they're on to something good by making episodic co op and tying so much into your particular character in skill and item earning.

Plus I love my shooters with Vehicular manslaughter options. Headshots are good. Making headshots with an actual vehicle 's tire or bumper? Priceless.

waaambulance_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bangcat

Potentially an odd Cybernetic Intelligence
Betas feel like they became the new name for demos. A beta is super to be for testing and getting things fixed. Sadly it feels like a lot of these fix it opportunities are missed as it's indeed more used as a demo and those who are mostly just using it as a demo are not paid and thus owe nothing in input, and often have their input entirely disregarded as other players don't report the same things as demo players, our even just continue to exploit the flaw silently.

Still I agree weather they call it beta, or the demo it really more is, a demo is good practice when you have a product you're pretty sure will have a, from the get go fun factor. It creates buzz, it shows off what it can be, and packs much of what it can be into a good focus and leaves then hanging for more. Sadly however some of them have become like movie trailers add they accomplish this, but then sadly have shown most of their good cards, then you pay for it fully, only to find out most of those good cliff notes have been used up and now you're mostly paying for filler and hours that sadly didn't show up, or hoarded for the slightly better sequel.

Then come the played out sequels to milk it, force feed it, and produce more milk that tastes a bit different. Much like Madden!

Ha, bet you thought I was going to say Call of Duty. Well there, it's mentioned.

On a final note. Yah betas and demos are good. When they decide not to demo something to several before launch, especially after they said they would, it sends up very bright warning flags.
That is how I view the betas should be now. I wish more companies did so.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements