• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PS4 FIFA 14 - Football Comes To Life

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Kamehameha

29lk5qs.jpg

33nl2x0.jpg

One of the things I am really looking forward to with the PS4 and the new gaming generation, is how the sports games change, expand, and simply become better. FIFA 14 is one of my most anticipated PS4 games due to the fact that I believe FIFA is one of the greatest sports games ever created. I can't wait to see what it has to offer on the PS4, and of course, with remote play.

Gameplay Trailer -

EA promises to "bring football to life" with their new installment of FIFA 14 coming to a variety of platforms, including next-gen systems PS4 and Xbox One.

The game will create the "electric atmosphere a football stadium delivers through the use of dramatic broadcast-inspired fly-overs, emotional pre-match ceremonies and true living and breathing sidelines". The stadium will come to life like never before, as the crowds both home and away will be distinctive in matches. The flow of the match will influence the intensity from the fans, much like in a real football game. This system called "match flow" is being promised by EA to revolutionize the FIFA experience.

There really isn't a ton to go on right now, and it is hard to find actual PS4 trailers as the game is being released on so many systems. However, I have no doubt that FIFA will continue to improve and be as great on the newer consoles as it has been on current-gen consoles, and I am extremely looking forward to this game.

blucey

FIFA games invariably promise loads of improvements but ultimately feel the same every year. Minor gameplay tweaks at best.

Kamehameha

FIFA games invariably promise loads of improvements but ultimately feel the same every year. Minor gameplay tweaks at best.
It's honestly like that with most sports games though. Generally there is a large improvement when switching over to a new generation, so I expect there to be a big improvement from the PS3 version, but we shall see.

GamejunkieUK

I played the Xbox One version although briefly. It certainly does feel different from the current gen versions but I'm not sure how much. There are supposed to be a lot more subtleties and more realism due to the new Ignite engine. As for me I'm getting an Xbox One as well as a PS4 and its going to be given away for free to all Xbox One preorders in Europe so I will just play it on that.

Kamehameha

I played the Xbox One version although briefly. It certainly does feel different from the current gen versions but I'm not sure how much. There are supposed to be a lot more subtleties and more realism due to the new Ignite engine. As for me I'm getting an Xbox One as well as a PS4 and its going to be given away for free to all Xbox One preorders in Europe so I will just play it on that.
That's awesome.

How were the visuals? Big changes or no? And was the camera angle the same?

GamejunkieUK

That's awesome.

How were the visuals? Big changes or no? And was the camera angle the same?

It certainly looked and played better. The controls seemed more refined. I think the camera angles are the same. Due to the long lines I couldn't spend a whole lot of time on it plus I was trying to play as many games as I could.

SuperJoon

Got this pre ordered in a bundle with my PS4. Looking forward to playing it and seeing how the Ignite Engine improves the gameplay

rjthakid

I just called a Sony Store here in NYC to ask if they have any PS4 kiosks. He advised me that they do and that FIFA is the demo in the kiosk.

I'll try to check it out tomorrow when I'm in the city.

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy
I bought Fifa at launch and have loved it so far. The reviews for it are spot on. It is a more polished and fluid version then the PS3/Xbox 360 counterpart and finally the ball "acts" on its own. Numerous times have i lost or stolen the ball and it didn't feel like it just "changed" players.

The game has all the features from previous features so it is not a watered down launch title. I haven't played online but just playing the career mode for now.

Kamehameha

I have been playing the demo. I want the full game, just don't have the finances necessary right now to buy it.

I must say though, FIFA is the one sports game that actually makes me throw my hands into the air when I score a goal haha. I get more pumped than I do on other sports games, even though soccer (football) is my fourth favorite sport. Very fun game, and I am just on the demo! Can't wait to buy the full game.

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy
I have been playing the demo. I want the full game, just don't have the finances necessary right now to buy it.

I must say though, FIFA is the one sports game that actually makes me throw my hands into the air when I score a goal haha. I get more pumped than I do on other sports games, even though soccer (football) is my fourth favorite sport. Very fun game, and I am just on the demo! Can't wait to buy the full game.

It plays so "smooth" on the PS4. The ball doesn't just feel like "glue" to each player which makes it a lot more realistic. Defense is still a little wonky but the added animations on the PS4 edition really keep you in the game. Ball boys throwing you balls, it doesn't always go to a cut scence when the ball goes out. The added 3D fans are huge.

icmasticc

I just started playing the demo and I must say, while I'm probably the worst FIFA player in existence, this game is pretty fun hahaha. I was going through the options though and I think I'd want to turn the assists off. While I was playing the only problem I was having was that it switched players for me to guy who was nearest to the opponent with the ball. While that's fine and well, I was trying to switch on my own so that was a bit jarring. Other than that though, I do like the game and I want to buy the full thing.

It's one of those games that compels me to practice and get better so I can go online and have some real fun against other human opponents. The graphics do look great to me, but I think they could be better in areas - that is to say, I just think that for all the hype of the ignite engine, none of the EA sports really look spectacularly next-gen more than the physics have been vastly improved. Still waiting for UFC on the graphics front, but I'll definitely get into FIFA 14. Wish I could get the full thing now though.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements