• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Do you have any hobbies other than playing video games?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Soulwatcher

I love to build and design websites. My two favorite kind of websites to build our blogs and forums. So that's why this website is a blog and a forum. It's the best of both worlds. :) And I love to post on forums although most forums that I use to visit are dead now. How about you? Do you have any hobbies other than playing video games?

Kira1

Actually I do. I love to go trailing with my mountain bike specially early in the morning or in the afternoon. But I don't do it alone though, I go with my friends just to be sure. :0 I also play in a band as a musician. ^_^

wallet

The other hobby I have is to travel around my country. Shame on me, that I don't know very well the wonderful places that we have here. That is why I want to visit them all. The mountains, the sea, churches, museums and much more.
I recharge my batteries when I travel, and I forget about stress and the rest of my problems!

airfightermax

I love to build and design websites. My two favorite kind of websites to build are blogs and forums. So that's why this website is a blog and a forum. It's the best of both worlds. :) And I love to post on forums although most forums that I use to visit are dead now. How about you? Do you have any hobbies other than playing video games?
I am quite hooked to playing the ukulele right now :). When I want to take a break from computers, I'll just grab my ukulele and play a song.

It is really nice and it relaxes me. The first time I tried to learn it though it was quite difficult but now, I'm getting the hang of it :D I am still not an expert at playing the uke though but that is my goal someday :D

That's for sure. ;) One of my favorite hobbies is going to the movies (I love movies!), going to the theater, reading, biking, swimming and doing trail / walking / running. :cool:

amitkokiladitya

Reading and writing are my second love. Whenever I'm free and not playing games you will find me either with a book or a pen-paper in hand. I love the read as well as to express myself.

Apart from this I like to go for a walk, talk to my friends, go for outings and eat good food.

daniela perez

Hello there! Yes, I have a lot of other hobbies. I am a freelance writer, I am a bloger for over six years now. I use the most of my free time to read, to work on my garden and do some yoga. I also love watching movies!

Mariana

I wish I could make forums and websites too, sadly I am too clueless :D

Anyway, my hobbies besides gaming are biking and playing my acoustic guitar. I absolutely love to go outside and do long biking trips. It's relaxing just passing by people and looking at nature. I have been playing the acoustic guitar ever since I was a child and I'd never stop it. Making covers of the popular songs is a great hobby!

Soulwatcher

[QUOTE="Mariana, post: 856, member: 20"] I wish I could make forums and websites too, sadly I am too clueless :D[/QUOTE]

I was in your same boat in 1998~1999. That's when I first learned how to make a website. I learned off of google searches. Everything that you want to know about building websites can be found in a google search. And once you get the basics down you can do anything. And these days Wordpress makes making a website super easy.

Last edited:

Mariana

I was in your same boat in 1998~1999. That's when I first learned how to make a website. I learned off of google searches. Everything that you want to know about building websites can be found in a google search. And once you get the basics down you can do anything. And these days Wordpress makes making a website super easy.
So you literally learned it all by yourself using Google? You make it sound so easy, haha. The most I have made was one of those free websites where you have template already set up and integrated into the website and all you do is add content. That was like ten years ago though... It is hard to keep up with all of these changes.

Thank you for the encouragement though :) perhaps I will look into it and make a blog like you are. Posting my creations would be amazing.

You can make blogs through WordPress as well right? Time to use uncle Google!

Is eating a hobby? Other than gaming, my other hobbies would be singing and reading. I do not have a great singing voice but it is one fun way to express yourself. I wish we could afford a karaoke system just for us. I would love to do covers too if only I have dependable recording devices. I love to read facts and trivial stuff from the internet. I also read books I have here once in a while when the atmosphere is suitable for it, cold and rainy.

Soulwatcher

So you literally learned it all by yourself using Google? You make it sound so easy, haha. The most I have made was one of those free websites where you have template already set up and integrated into the website and all you do is add content. That was like ten years ago though... It is hard to keep up with all of these changes.

Thank you for the encouragement though :) perhaps I will look into it and make a blog like you are. Posting my creations would be amazing.

You can make blogs through WordPress as well right? Time to use uncle Google!
Yes, you can make blogs with Wordpress, the front end (blog) of this website uses Wordpress. And the backend (forums) of this website use Xenforo. So it takes two different programs to run this website. :)

ballyhara

Yes, I practice Yoga since 2 years ago, it helped me improve my breathing, my flexibility and my strength. Also, is great for concentration, make you be more focus, and burn some calories too. My other hobbies are listening to music, specially soundtracks, and watching TV series like GOT, TWD, TBBT.

sweetpeamcgee

My hobbies are listening to music and chatting or posting. Music calms the beast in me most of the time. Posting is just fun to do. As for chatting it seems I always have something to say. So I go on and on. I also like watching tv.

fishmonk

Yes you can make blogs with Wordpress, the front end (blog) of this website uses Wordpress. And the backend (forums) of this website use Xenforo. So it takes two different programs to run this website. :)
I think there's plenty of resources available with regards to web building. However, I have the bad habit of comparing which resource is better. That itself takes so much time and effort.

overcast

I am into sketching. I have tried various types of the sketching and the designs. I am currently learning how to draw manga and other Japanese art. I am trying to find out how the culture influence can be turned into the sketches. I think if I can successfully learn manga art, then who knows I may come up with some good comic art of my own. Currently I have my instagram account where I am posting that.

Chris Holman

I love to build and design websites. My two favorite kind of websites to build are blogs and forums. So that's why this website is a blog and a forum. It's the best of both worlds. :) And I love to post on forums although most forums that I use to visit are dead now. How about you? Do you have any hobbies other than playing video games?

So the question was do I like anything else besides playing video games? Simple answer is yes I do, as I try not to play as many video games these days most likely for my health. That being said I've gotten into healthy activities such as working out, going for walks, or any other physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day. After which I feel like I have accomplished a feat of awesomeness, then I'll go back to playing video games. I know it's not really getting around the whole not playing video games things, but at least it makes me feel good about it. Anyways those are my two cents what you guys think?

Soulwatcher

So the question was do I like anything else besides playing video games? Simple answer is yes I do, as I try not to play as many video games these days most likely for my health. That being said I've gotten into healthy activities such as working out, going for walks, or any other physical activity for at least 30 minutes a day. After which I feel like I have accomplished a feat of awesomeness, then I'll go back to playing video games. I know it's not really getting around the whole not playing video games things, but at least it makes me feel good about it. Anyways those are my two cents what you guys think?
I think making time for video games after you have taken care of real-life priorities is a good thing and I commend you for it. And that the way video games should be played. :)

Marvadaum

Personally i like playing poker a lot. I know it is still a game but i thought we were talking about virtual games haha. I also like working out and drinking beer.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements