• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Do you hate inflation?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Soulwatcher

I am on a fixed income and the price of everything keeps going up and up and up. But my wages still stay the same. It costs my Mom and I $20+ to eat at Taco Bell! (her favorite place) Movie tickets are $10. Prices of things are the grocery store are laughable. Heck even the lotto just went from $1 to $2 the other day. (I would never waste my money on it!)

I don't know how the government thinks people can live under this insane inflation rate. My rent went from $630 to $795 in just 4 short years. And now I have to move because I am too the wall and I need cheaper rent so my wife and I can afford to live. I know the government isn't going to do anything. But I sure wish they would put a stop to inflation! So the question of the hour is do you hate inflation?

overcast

I definitely hate every aspect of how the economics work. No matter how much I work hard, the rent keeps on increasing every year. I try to save and curb on some needs. And then things change again. Job loss and things happen. It feels like we just can not have control over life. Then I just work hard and hope for things to change. That's how much I can do from my side in the hope things change for sure.

Mariana

Yes! It's one of the worst and most annoying things in the world. When I read your post it was like I had written it, haha. It's exactly the same story in my country... our wages are horrible yet the prices of EVERYTHING, even the basic food such as bread and milk keep raising. I don't understand how or why? Does the government truly think this is okay? How are we suppose to live a quality life? No wonder people get so fixated on the money when it seems to rule the world.

I miss the old times when nobody even knew what inflation is.

wallet

Yes, I do hate inflation, this is what destroys our living. Last year we paid 400 dollars all the bills (gas, light, TV, water, cell phones, internet), but after a couple of months the sum raised to 550 dollars a month and this is a really high sum of money considering that my salary is 400 dollars and my wife earns 350 dollars.

overcast

Yes, I do hate inflation, this is what destroys our living. Last year we paid 400 dollars all the bills (gas, light, TV, water, cell phones, internet), but after a couple of months the sum raised to 550 dollars a month and this is a really high sum of money considering that my salary is 400 dollars and my wife earns 350 dollars.
I can totally relate to this. I have the same situation. Prices just keep on increasing. I rely on online jobs and other gigs for earning. But that does not cover. And also a lot of time is spent on working. So this kind of stuff is making me paralyzed on many counts. I'd surely think about adding more jobs to handle this for now. I am single but expenses of rent and other stuff like medical stuff adds up.

Soulwatcher

I definitely hate every aspect of how the economics work. No matter how much I work hard, the rent keeps on increasing every year. I try to save and curb on some needs. And then things change again. Job loss and things happen. It feels like we just can not have control over life. Then I just work hard and hope for things to change. That's how much I can do from my side in the hope things change for sure.
Your so right, its insanity how rent keeps going up and up and up and when I talked to my landlord her excuse was her costs keep going up. And I don't doubt that her costs are going up she is raising the rent like crazy. I started paying $630 a month 4 years ago and now my rent is $801 and that's almost my whole disability check. Which is why I have to get out of here and the reason I am moving in 21 days.

Soulwatcher

it's exactly the same story in my country... our wages are horrible yet the prices of EVERYTHING, even the basic food such as bread and milk keep raising. I don't understand how or why? Does the government truly think this is okay? How are we suppose to live a quality life?
I 100% agree with you the cost of everything is insane and it just keeps going up and up. Bread, milk, and eggs are all out of control in the USA. And those are pretty much the staples of life and are used in almost everything we eat in one form or another. And what kills me is these politicians are giving their selves raise to curb the cost of living. Meanwhile the poor are sitting home starving to death. It just doesn't make any sense!

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements