• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Do you feel awkward joining a new Minecraft server?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Soulwatcher

I know whenever I join a new Minecraft server the first thing I do is check the chat and see what people are talking about. And most of the time I feel uncomfortable because people are talking about things that make me feel uneasy.

So most of the time I end up leaving. And that's why I started are the server as a family server with zero tolerance for rude and bad behavior. I also have no tolerance for sexual or racial slurs.

And hopefully, I can find like-minded people to play on our server. What about you? Do you feel awkward joining a new Minecraft server?

overcast

I have to admit I do. I usually join the clans which have my friends or some sort of connection with them. In that way I don't have to feel awkward about my creations. Also I can be in survival mode and have fun. And only the known people would laugh at me. So on that comfort zone level I prefer to be around people who I know.

Soulwatcher

I have to admit I do. I usually join the clans which have my friends or some sort of connection with them. In that way I don't have to feel awkward about my creations. Also I can be in survival mode and have fun. And only the known people would laugh at me. So on that comfort zone level I prefer to be around people who I know.
That's always a plus but unfortunately for me, 98% of the people I use to game with don't play Minecraft. Heck probably 90% of them don't even play video games anymore. It's crazy the way people change when they become adults, most of the time what they use to like is boring or uninteresting. I guess I am a Toys-R -S kid because ill never stop video games until the day I die or my hands cripple up. :cwl:

P.S. I do play Minecraft with 3 people on a Java server but they are never on when I am on and its like I am playing solo all the time.

wallet

Actually no, I always feel the thrill when I join a new server because I know I will meet new people that may become good friends for me, besides sometimes I may learn new and interesting things from them relating the Minecraft game.

Mariana

Yes! I feel so awkward, haha. This is probably one of the biggest reasons that I prefer playing offline or alone - it just takes time to fit into a whole community on specific servers. I have tried joining servers many times but there are just many players and they all talk about different things that I have no clue about... or they know each other from way before and it makes me feel awkward, sort of like I don't fit in.

Sometimes there are also some rude comments like you have mentioned but I tend to ignore those.

ecole11j

Honestly, yeah, I do. I have social anxiety though, so any new social situation, even a virtual one, is kinda scary. Especially knowing how often people might make rude or gross comments.

Soulwatcher

Honestly, yeah, I do. I have social anxiety though, so any new social situation, even a virtual one, is kinda scary. Especially knowing how often people might make rude or gross comments.
I have to agree with you, I get high anxiety when I join a new server or even meet new people in real life. Because I suffer from a mental illness. But in the end, I always end up powering through it the best that I can. And that's usually not talking or jumping out of chat and I go sit in a corner in real life and I don't talk to anyone. And if it gets really bad I just have to leave because it's too much for my mental illness.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements