• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Do you ever get overwhelmed with life?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

Soulwatcher

Lately, I have been super busy with real-life activities. I have been to the park 5 times in 2 weeks I have been spending a ton of time with my wife. :heart: (can't get enough of that) And I have been helping my mom and spending time with friends.

I don't feel overwhelmed but I think it's time to put the brakes on for the next 2 days and slow down and have some me time and some alone time with my wife. And I want to give this website some TLC. :smile: How about you? Do you ever get overwhelmed with life?

Mariana

Yes but I think that it's normal. Life is just extremely complicated. You have so many things going on... it's quite easy to get overwhelmed. You made a good decision to slow it down a bit so you can have quality time with your lovely wife and the most important, so you can have your own time to do whatever.

I often get overwhelmed with work, juggling friends and boyfriend and having my alone time. I remember one week, my friends just wanted to hang out every single day... by the end of the week, I was exhausted from it and just needed a break to breathe. If that makes sense? But somehow I always figure it out and it's all good :)

fishmonk

Yes, I am pretty busy with real life stuff. I have some long periods without gaming recently. It is exhausting to game after working overtime. I hope that Friday approaches quickly. These few days have been rough as I have to deal with plenty of difficult people at work.

wallet

Yes, I feel overwhelmed most of the time, want this is because my job is taking most of my time. When I get home I must repair and renew my house. My family wants to spend time with me so, I'm spending time with them, and we travel a lot.
There is no time for me anymore...you know a spare time to spend with my friends and drink a beer, or just to sit and relax with a coffee...My life is really busy now, and I hope soon I will have some free time to relax a bit!

overcast

I think some of the time it does make me feel overwhelmed. But that happens when I am around with family. For example as a single person I can manage most of the tasks fairly quickly. But with family around things slow down. And it takes time to get ahead with things and doing tasks with others. I also have this idle moment when I see other people settled and I am just figuring out life. At that moment I feel like life is kind of too big to handle. It's hard to think so I just meditate and breathe out of that feeling.

Soulwatcher

At that moment I feel like life is kind of too big to handle. It's hard to think so I just meditate and breathe out of that feeling.
When you sit back and look at life it can be very scary. But what could help you is if you made a plan and planned out your life? So that you could see what direction that you wanted to go. Life doesn't always go as planned, but at least you will have a general direction in where you want to go. :)

morgoodie

I did get overwhelmed with my life when I was working. Working, being a single parent, and keeping up with household chores is exhausting. I would have no time for me which is important to keep yourself balanced. Work was stressful and looking back I think I was having a mini nervous breakdown. We were also planning on moving and things weren't aligning themselves right so that was even more stress. I have anxiety issues so times like that is when it roars its ugly head. Now after losing my job a year and half ago, I feel so much less overwhelmed. You would think that I would be overwhelmed now because I don't have a job. I think I just needed to get out of that job since I hated it so much I didn't want to get up and go to work.

ballyhara

More than being overwhelmed, I feel exhausted by trying to accomplish all that I want to do. Usually, I want to please my family, take care of everything at home, get super good at job, so is like doing thousand things at the same time. Eventually I have to stop, otherwise I will get sick (which has happened before). So, I try to make some kind of lists, doing things step by step, that way I can take my time without getting crazy about it.

overcast

When you sit back and look at life it can be very scary. But what could help you is if you made a plan and planned out your life. So that you could see what direction that you wanted to go. Life doesn't always go as planned, but at least you will have a general direction in where you want to go. :)
Yes that's the way I am starting to think right now. I didn't planned properly in past. And most of the traditional plans didn't went as expected. So it's reasonable to sometimes expecting less from our own self too. Because pushing all the time leads to burn out. I am guessing this is my burnout and fatigue phase. And I have to take life one day at a time.

Tania997

It is easy to get overwhelmed with life, because we might encounter problems while being really busy doing something else, or something bad might happen. I try to program a lot of things but life is unexpected. By the sound of it, you have spent a lot of quality time with your wife and didn't get overwhelmed, you've just been busy:) I'd talk about being overwhelmed only when a lot of bad things are happening. Save some time and spend it with your wife, you won't regret it.

vinaya

I get overwhelmed with life. However, I believe in hope, I believe in faith, I believe in light. Therefore, I fight back. It souns cliche but it is true "life is not all about a bed of roses but also throns." Since there is night, we know about the day. Life is full of paradoxes.

JoeMilford

I think that we all get overwhelmed at times. I spend time with friends and loved ones when this happens to me. I have always been a very passionate person, so that comes with a lot of emotions, and I have to remind myself not to over-react in certain situations. Everyone is different, and we all handle our stressors in different ways, so it is important to know yourself and to know what is healthy for you in these situations.

fishmonk

I feel overwhelmed for the last 2 weeks. I have so much work on my plate for now so time management is important. I hope to clear these challenges in this month.

JoeMilford

Fishmonk,
No offense, but I would rather be overwhelmed with too much work or employment on my late than to be overwhelmed by the fact that I DON'T have any work or employment! I've been on both sides of this coin, and the unemployment was more stressful for me. However, I understand what you are saying here, and I totally empathize. Hang in there! This too shall pass....

Soulwatcher

I feel overwhelmed for the last 2 weeks. I have so much work on my plate for now so time management is important. I hope to clear these challenges in this month.
I hope things start to clear up for you soon and I hope you can get a balance in your life between work and family. Because although the money is good, too much work is not good for anyone.

potentialwriter

Yes, I get overwhelmed sometimes in life when I am able to achieve something I have been preparing to do. Days of getting seriously overwhelmed in life included the day of wedding, day of convocation from the university, day of buying a brand new car, day of inaugurating a new residential building as well as others. Everyone is naturally made to get overwhelmed when such achievements come along.

I remembered a time in the past when I produced the best student in a competition nationwide. I was so excited and overwhelmed for making it to the top as a trainer and got motivated to keep doing the same.

Last edited:

overcast

Fishmonk,
No offense, but I would rather be overwhelmed with too much work or employment on my late than to be overwhelmed by the fact that I DON'T have any work or employment! I've been on both sides of this coin, and the unemployment was more stressful for me. However, I understand what you are saying here, and I totally empathize. Hang in there! This too shall pass....
Joe summed up my sentiments exactly. I like keeping myself busy in work. Not having work is more or less an issue for the mind. So it's always better to get the job and stay into the work. That's what keeps the person busy. And that's what he or she should be going for. I guess we get overwhelmed when we can't have either one of the side and end up in more or less confused state.

sweetpot81

There are days in my life that's really overwhelming, when one thing gets screwed, another again everything follows, such a challenging day right? On the other hand, when good things have been started your day, all day long is productive one. But I guess it's just a reminder that we need more time and focus to be a better person .

Soulwatcher

ou made a good decision to slow it down a bit so you can have quality time with your lovely wife and the most important, so you can have your own time to do whatever.
I agree, spending time with my wife is the best decision that I made and I love spending time with her. She is my soulmate and I have never said that about anyone else. And I also needed my own time too, life was getting crazy for a second. But I am glad that things are more normal now.

And I have stepped thing up on this website. I have almost completely overhauled it since I launched it and I personally feel that it was an overhaul for the good of the website. Only time will tell though, I will be promoting this website like crazy as soon as I get things tidied up around here. :)

mildredtabitha

I also get overwhelmed with life. I wake-up early to go to campus, sometimes I stay in jam for many minutes and arrive late, I have a project I need to do again and it might take a month, I have headache when I go back home and so I need to sleep early and I need to prepare for final exams too.

I hope all these will end soon. I need to get more time for myself and enjoy life instead of letting school and people to stress me. :)

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements