• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita DIGITAL DOWNLOAD PROBLEMS

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Jeff Chetwynd

I purchased MLB 15 The Show and I open it and put the digital code where it says redeem but when it starts downloading it says I have 6000-9000 minutes remaining on my download and after 5 minutes or so it will stop and say could not download. I have checked my wifi several times and k have a strong connection, I really want to play the game but it is not working for me and I have bought now 2 different games and neither will work.

Abiel

Banned
I purchased MLB 15 The Show and I open it and put the digital code where it says redeem but when it starts downloading it says I have 6000-9000 minutes remaining on my download and after 5 minutes or so it will stop and say could not download. I have checked my wifi several times and k have a strong connection, I really want to play the game but it is not working for me and I have bought now 2 different games and neither will work.
strong connection doesn't mean its a fast one, can you use another device like a laptop or a phone and type www.speedtest.net and see how fast your connection is, usually if you are paying for a connection and its not giving you the speeds you need might mean you need a router restart

Nicolas Miguel

I had the same problem downloading sound shapes a few weeks ago. I just cancel that download and start over from the begining and no more problems.

Lord Phelan

Yup had similar problem with demo of Oreshika. For me it was 650 minutes... after 7 hours it downloaded about 45-50%. I got pissed cancelled and downloaded it through PS3 in just few minutes.

Probably SONY is switching Vita servers to boost PS4 servers :p (I'm kidding but wouldn't be suprised if there was grain of truth). So don't worry, it's SONY fault... once again.

But still Vita keeps working worse and worse :/ especially internet.

Jeff Chetwynd

strong connection doesn't mean its a fast one, can you use another device like a laptop or a phone and type www.speedtest.net and see how fast your connection is, usually if you are paying for a connection and its not giving you the speeds you need might mean you need a router restart
My problem is I'm in the Army and deployed in Kuwait right now so we have to buy these little mobile wifi things and that could be the reason I'm not sure I got it reset twice and been starting over but nothing. All my other games downloaded though I don't understand

Abiel

Banned
My problem is I'm in the Army and deployed in Kuwait right now so we have to buy these little mobile wifi things and that could be the reason I'm not sure I got it reset twice and been starting over but nothing. All my other games downloaded though I don't understand
it might be the speed of the internet then, do you happen to know the speeds you are paying for ? cause if its very slow then it would be what you explained of a "6000-9000 minutes remaining". This is sometimes the problem with the wifi mobile 3g/4g lte portable hotspot. cause the internet is unpredictable with these hotspots

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I think a more powerful [mini] router would help. A router that can handle more than 3G/4G/4G LTE, and maybe the a/c.

unplugmealready

Stand on the roof, face it due East, 2.4 degrees towards the sun at a 45 degree angle. Oh yeah and wave your left arm frantically until it downloads.
Honestly though you could try just a few diagnostics.
Reboot the device, turn off wifi and turn back on again and retry. Check you can actually download anything while using a different device (smart phone or laptop) to see if it's the mobile wifi that is not working well. If that's the case, ring your service provider. Or maybe try it where you can get a better signal. Or check if anyone else is having issues with the psn at the moment. Like Lord phelan said. It could be at sonys end and not yours.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements