• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Diablo III

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

dds

Much to my dismay, this game really works well on the console!

Played it last week at an expo which was alright, had it preordered anyways. After spending sometime playing the game, I love it so far on console, blizzard did a good job on it.

if anyones up to slay demons, add me. psn: grdg88

dds

I was severly dissapointed in how D3 had become, especially the story...omg don't get me started...

Crunchewy

I am still confused. If you are severely disappointed in the game, why do you want to play it, let alone pre-order it?

dds

Because they've made significant improvements, and it's actually really fun on the ps3

SynthEnergy

I might give this another shot. I played a wizard all the way through normal and half way through nightmare. Still have a hardcore monk alive and kicking as well. This is all on the PC/Mac of course. The main problem I had with it was finding any decent loot. I hear this may have been addressed with the console version as it does not have a AH. For those that have played both PC and console versions, how does this change affect your enjoyment of the game?

Sasha_Je

First of all never played D3 on PC or any other platform but bought it for PS3...I have to say this is the game I was looking for all this generation. There is no point in comparing it to the PC because in my view games should be compared to what is available on the particular platform.
At the moment PS3 has available: Sacred 2, Dungeon Hunter Alliance, D&D Daggerdale, RAW, Dungeon Siege III, and I think that's it more or less...truth to be told DIablo III is far better then any of this title in all departments.
As a Diablo fanatic I will say that the story is outrages, major plot holes that should connect with previous games but what can we do. Since I started playing Diablo III I peaked at some forums and all of them are full of people that complain about the drop rate...I have to say that even on consoles the drop rate is ok, it's not raining with uber OP items you simply find drop. What I would like t point out is that in DIablo II 1.0 you barely managed to find a rare item so I don't know why people are moaning...the game is supposed to be hard and encourage players to farm not to kill 2-3 Elite packs and find a full Set.
Overall it's an awesome game for this platform in witch you can invest hundreds of hours easy...

LesTom1

I'm determined to only buy Diablo 3 on the PS4, but I went ahead and downloaded the PS3 demo last night and had a quick go on it. Damn you Blizzard, it's excellent :-o but I will stick to my guns and only get it for PS4 :-(

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I've bought Diablo 1 on PC and PSX, between the two versions - the PSX version was lukewarm with regards to tech specs, but the controls were fine. Then Diablo 2 came out, I bought the PC version. Then Diablo 3 came, I didn't buy the PC version. Now its out for consoles...

I'm downloading the demo right now, but I want the game. I've been trying to be determined to buy the PS4 version... but all of these critics responding with wide arms..

I'm tempted to buy the game on PS3 now.

EDIT: Just finished downloading, played a few mintues and holy cow: THIS is the Diablo game I've been waiting for! The gameplay is FLUID. It feels like the game was made in mind for PS3.

Awesome job, Blizzard! :)

MadMike

Didn't even realize there was a demo. Guess I'll have to download that to hold me over until the PS4 version releases.

I've already spent over 100 hours on the PC version, but I think the console version will be a little more comfortable. The offline mode should be really nice. Nothing worse than playing hardcore on PC and dying because you got disconnected from BNet.

lechonbaby

Grabbin' the demo now - this might compete for Battlefield 4 hours. :D

edit:
-Loading times weren't as long as I was expecting. Though I still might grab it for PC.
-Wizard (male & female) running animations looks like they're tip toeing the ground. They need to give them weight!
-It brings me back to Diablo 1 :)

Lethal

Retired Moderator
The console version is certainly the best version of this game. But Blizzard really screwed up the skill tree in this game. You do not earn earn skill points anymore, where you can increase certain skills. The game unlocks certain skills for you, when your reach a certain rank. And most of the time, the new skill you earned, is not as good as the one you were already using. This is my biggest issue with the game.

LesTom1

It's just a pity that Blizzard are not offering the same as EA are with BF4 and FIFA14 where you buy it in PS3 and then trade iron for the PS4 version and it only costs you £10 for the upgrade :-( I know that I won't be able to devote enough PS3 time to Diablo 3 before I get my PS4, oh well I'll just have to wait :'(

dds

the datamined game info for the new expansion.....I think will actually put back d3 back to where it should be..a lot like d2...

Jeccius

Played the PC version a silly amount; got 4 low Paragon 60's and almost got my Witch Doctor up there too.

The main problem with the game was the AH; people wanted to farm it and practically everyone who played the game ended up spending bugger all gold in the auction house to get uber items for their class instead of farming them.

The PS3/XB versions don't have this problem and Blizzard have rewritten the loot system for the consoles to "Loot 2.0" which is tailored item farming with better and more relevant gear drop rates. This is working so well that Blizz are updating the PC version to the same;
http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978/

Looking forward to Reaper of Souls soon too :)

Jeccius

Jeccius
I am not sure if consoles have Loot 2.0...from what I have seen on forums we have 1.5

Yeah I think you're right on that; I know the console version is very similar to what they are proposing for Loot 2.0 though and that is working very well.

God help me if this comes out on the Vita (end of my life) :p

Sasha_Je

Yeah I think you're right on that; I know the console version is very similar to what they are proposing for Loot 2.0 though and that is working very well.

God help me if this comes out on the Vita (end of my life) :p
Indeed, console loot system is based on the "old" and "new" one...
I highly doubt it that Blizzard will port D3 to Vita, lack of button ( touch screen/ panel won't cover for L1/L2/R3 ) and on top of that they don't give their games to anyone.

Jeccius

I couldn't see it either. Although if they released Diablo 2 on it I'd be a happy bunny (still an incredible game even now).

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements