• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Announcement DestroyRepeat is now on a new server

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
So, over the weekend, I moved DestroyRepeat and related websites to a new server. I like SoftLayer, but it came to a point where I was getting mini-DDoS attacks so I was looking for a new server a month ago. Last month, my server went offline while I was at a restaurant, eating an "All you can eat" menu. When I got home, boom, the server went offline. I got to talk to the SoftLayer reps, and they tried to sell me on the new server and discovered new prices - Cool! I'll buy a new server. Until I ordered the actual server.

I was paying basically nothing for 5000GB Bandwidth, but new accounts would have to pay a whooping $350 just to be able to handle 1,000 people a day (which PSVitaForum had). I wasn't going to do business with these people anymore. They wanted to lowball me on the server specs, and put me in a smaller server just to be cheap. They didn't understand the needs of my network. It was time to pick up my bags and leave.

The new server sits at LiquidWeb, which is one of the highest rated, most awarded hosting company yet.

These are the new specs!

4GB Ram
4 cores running at 3.9MHz
150 GB Disk
5GB Bandwidth

There are a lot of security features that weren't available in the old SoftLayer server, like DDoS attack(s) protection. I saw some spammers trying to get into my server, and LiquidWeb was able to kick them out - I saw some e-mails telling me this. Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Mycrospyder DestroyRepeat Creative Corner 3
Carlos Announcement DestroyRepeat upgraded to xenForo 2.1! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos DestroyRepeat in 2019 CarlosX360 Archive 1
Carlos BF5Forum is moving to DestroyRepeat the day after Christmas CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos DestinyOverwatch.com/Destiny2Forum.com merged into DestroyRepeat! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Notice: Destiny 2 Forum is moving to DestroyRepeat in 2018 CarlosX360 Archive 2
Carlos Announcement Battlefront Forum has been merged into DestroyRepeat! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement Notice: Battlefront Forum is moving to DestroyRepeat in 2018 CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Official Thread What do you think of the new DestroyRepeat? Site Feedback 0
Carlos Announcement Welcome to DestroyRepeat 5.0! CarlosX360 Archive 4
Carlos Announcement DestroyRepeat in 2018 CarlosX360 Archive 1
Carlos Announcement DestroyRepeat upgraded to xenForo 2! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement DestroyRepeat Upgrade forthcoming CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement BF1Forum has been merged into DestroyRepeat! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement TitanFall 2 Forums has been merged into DestroyRepeat CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement TitanFall 2 Forums is moving to DestroyRepeat soon. CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement BF1 Forum is moving to DestroyRepeat soon. CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement DestroyRepeat does not endorse harmful posts CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement DestroyRepeat is SSL Bound! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Knoxtane Halo 4: Master Chief Shipwreck (DestroyRepeat Exclusive) Creative Corner 1
Carlos Announcement DestroyRepeat in 2017 CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement A faster way of finding DestroyRepeat! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement DestroyRepeat Sig Contest CarlosX360 Archive 19
Carlos Announcement CarlosX360 Co., Ltd. has acquired DestroyRepeat! CarlosX360 Archive 6
Carlos Announcement DestroyRepeat is missing some stuff.. CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement Welcome to DestroyRepeat! CarlosX360 Archive 9
A WIN 2 copies of Advanced Warfare with DestroyRepeat.com! Call of Duty 15
A Help shape DestroyRepeat.com CarlosX360 Archive 3
Jenbuu Official DestroyRepeat Raidcall opens CarlosX360 Archive 1
Carlos Official Thread Server Resize incoming CarlosX360 Archive 1
S What website has the best Minecraft server list? Minecraft 4
R Have you ever owned a server? Minecraft 17
S What is your ideal Minecraft Server? Minecraft 0
MetroDetroitGaming PC Rust Server Looking to Grow Online Matchmaking 7
S Community server project is dead! Gaming News 0
S Due to lack of interest the community server is now closed for good! CarlosX360 Archive 0
S Community server is now open! Please reply to this thread to be added to the server! CarlosX360 Archive 0
S Do you feel awkward joining a new Minecraft server? Minecraft 6
S New Server , New House And Garden! Working On The Starting Area! CarlosX360 Archive 2
S New Storage Area On The Community Java Minecraft Server! Minecraft 0
S As Promised The Boys City On "The Mc Nation" Java Community Server! Minecraft 0
S I Made A New Server Today Vanilla Survival No Mods Java Minecraft Server! CarlosX360 Archive 2
S "The MC Nation" Night Pathway To The Farm (Java Server) Minecraft 2
S Today I Started A Starter Home On The Windows 10/PE Server! CarlosX360 Archive 4
S Big day for The Mc Nation we now have a Windows 10/se server and I moved the old server! CarlosX360 Archive 6
S Anyone feel like helping me beta test a pocketmine 1.2 server? CarlosX360 Archive 1
S The community server is officially retired until further notice! CarlosX360 Archive 2
S I just want to let everyone know the the Java server will be closing Nov-22-2017! CarlosX360 Archive 3
S Today I bring you a repost "community server automatic chicken coop"! Gaming News 2
S My New Workshop On Our Community Server! Minecraft 0