• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Announcement DestroyRepeat in 2018

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Hello, I hope everyone had happy holidays. Happy New Year to everyone!

I wish I had good news to deliver, but I honestly don't. I upgraded the site to xenForo's new 2.0 line, and then a small upgrade after that. I installed chat and tapatalk to enhance your browsing experience. Right now, I'm waiting for a redesign to arrive. Here's a preview of what's to come...

DestroyRepeat5.png

The designer has assured me that this is an early preview, and he's just really trying to get the colors in first before getting into the nitty gritty final groundwork for the design. This will be the 5th iteration of DestroyRepeat. I also asked for a second design for PSVitaForum users.

So, what are my goals for the year? More growth. I've been advertising on Twitter since Twitter launched the Promote Mode beta globally in November. Just this month, I've paid for sponsorship on a podcast by Easy Allies. Is this the end of my plight for visibility? No. It's just the beginning. Last October, I witnessed a change in the place that I currently work at - I ended up getting $600 to close to $1,000 in some paychecks. That's due to two things: Economy is improving, and Tax Cuts are here. I even got bonuses. So, what did I do? I paid off the designer enough that I don't have to worry about coming up with another $500 like in the past, where when I acquired websites, I had to pay in increments. Not sure how long this will last, but I'm happy with the results so far.

I am going to see how things pan out, and iterate my plans. Everything is in the air. Right now, I am taking a wait-and-see approach. Going forward, I will buy plugins, and anything else I need for the network. I'm actually in a good place right now, that the next two years is going to be very interesting. ;)

There are rumblings about a new generation of consoles, so what I did is - I went domain shopping. I'm ready for PS5. Oh yeah. That part, I got it locked down. It won't be like PSVitaForum where I had to wait many years to swoop in and acquire a large site. Oh no. I have it with me. All I have to do is launch it. Bright and early. And the last time I did that, it was favorable - Black Ops 3 Forums was launched a whole year before the reveal, and became the #1 Black Ops 3 community in the world. I will do the same with PS5Forum.

Mrx

Keep up the good work Carlos! I can see you have changed a lot over the years man! Proud of you brother!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Carlos Notice: Destiny 2 Forum is moving to DestroyRepeat in 2018 CarlosX360 Archive 2
Carlos Announcement Notice: Battlefront Forum is moving to DestroyRepeat in 2018 CarlosX360 Archive 0
Mycrospyder DestroyRepeat Creative Corner 3
Carlos Announcement DestroyRepeat upgraded to xenForo 2.1! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos DestroyRepeat in 2019 CarlosX360 Archive 1
Carlos BF5Forum is moving to DestroyRepeat the day after Christmas CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos DestinyOverwatch.com/Destiny2Forum.com merged into DestroyRepeat! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement Battlefront Forum has been merged into DestroyRepeat! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Official Thread What do you think of the new DestroyRepeat? Site Feedback 0
Carlos Announcement Welcome to DestroyRepeat 5.0! CarlosX360 Archive 4
Carlos Announcement DestroyRepeat upgraded to xenForo 2! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement DestroyRepeat Upgrade forthcoming CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement BF1Forum has been merged into DestroyRepeat! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement TitanFall 2 Forums has been merged into DestroyRepeat CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement TitanFall 2 Forums is moving to DestroyRepeat soon. CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement BF1 Forum is moving to DestroyRepeat soon. CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement DestroyRepeat does not endorse harmful posts CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement DestroyRepeat is SSL Bound! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Knoxtane Halo 4: Master Chief Shipwreck (DestroyRepeat Exclusive) Creative Corner 1
Carlos Announcement DestroyRepeat in 2017 CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement DestroyRepeat is now on a new server CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement A faster way of finding DestroyRepeat! CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement DestroyRepeat Sig Contest CarlosX360 Archive 19
Carlos Announcement CarlosX360 Co., Ltd. has acquired DestroyRepeat! CarlosX360 Archive 6
Carlos Announcement DestroyRepeat is missing some stuff.. CarlosX360 Archive 0
Carlos Announcement Welcome to DestroyRepeat! CarlosX360 Archive 9
A WIN 2 copies of Advanced Warfare with DestroyRepeat.com! Call of Duty 15
A Help shape DestroyRepeat.com CarlosX360 Archive 3
Jenbuu Official DestroyRepeat Raidcall opens CarlosX360 Archive 1
DestroyRepeat Gamescom 2018 Trailer General Gaming 0
DestroyRepeat E3 2018 Gameplay Demo General Gaming 0
DestroyRepeat E3 2018 Gameplay Trailer General Gaming 0
Carlos New Devil May Cry 5 trailer from The Game Awards 2018 General Gaming 0
Carlos New DMC5 trailer from TGS 2018 reveals story General Gaming 0
Carlos DMC5 trailer from Gamescom 2018 reveals release date General Gaming 0
Carlos New Battlefield V Trailer from Gamescom 2018 Battlefield 0
DestroyRepeat Jackfrags first impressions of Battlefield V from E3 2018 Online Videos 0
DestroyRepeat Jackfrags shows off new Battlefield V gameplay straight from EA's E3 2018 event Online Videos 0
Carlos Neo Geo Mini to be released Summer 2018 General Gaming 0
Carlos Sony opens their E3 2018 Conference Gaming News 0
Carlos UbiSoft opens their E3 2018 Conference Gaming News 0
Carlos Microsoft opens their E3 2018 Briefing for Xbox Gaming News 0
Carlos Devil May Cry 5 to be announced in 2018? General Gaming 0
Carlos Announcement CarlosX360 sponsors EasyAllies for January 2018! CarlosX360 Archive 5
LiquidEvilGaming PC gaming revenue expected to reach 35Billion by 2018 PC 3
LiquidEvilGaming PSVita Dedicated Handhelds to shrink to 2% of ENTIRE games market by 2018? PlayStation 30