• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Design Idea

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karoa

Ok, I just thought of something that could be done about the design of the site. Instead of leaving the empty spaces on the sides of the site, there could be a background running down those sides, kinda like this:

View attachment 1818

As for the background itself, I would suggest either a plain colour or a picture of vita and some games.

Attachments

Sam

Retired Moderator
They aren't backgrounds, they are ads. They are annoying and ugly, and would ruin the look of the site.

3VOLVE

I <3 Innuendos.
Ok, I just thought of something that could be done about the design of the site. Instead of leaving the empty spaces on the sides of the site, there could be a background running down those sides, kinda like this:

View attachment 1818

As for the background itself, I would suggest either a plain colour or a picture of vita and some games.
a background would be great,but the members here don't want change so it is most likely to stay the same :p

Karoa

They aren't backgrounds, they are ads. They are annoying and ugly, and would ruin the look of the site.
no no, not like ads, i just gave an example of how the spaces are used on some sites

MadMike

I prefer the minimalist approach. If you start adding extras, the entire site begins to feel cluttered. Leave it as it is, IMO.

3VOLVE

I <3 Innuendos.
no no, not like ads, i just gave an example of how the spaces are used on some sites
told you they don't want change......its not bad but site Design is very important and many are quick to judge because the lack of colors and images displayed

sunjay141

I really hate ads on webpages gonna make me come here less and summer is coming up and I don't have a life so it's gonna make summer a bigger disaster and I got OCD and cluttered things turn me off more than ads

IVIaster220

Well actually the first thing they teach you in web design is "Light backgrounds with darker text." But of course nobody seems to follow that rule anymore. I personally think this site needs some kind of change in design. It has been like this since I joined like a year ago. We need a good logo and header for the site. The one up there is just old and it could look much better. God forbid we actually change something.

Ace

Well actually the first thing they teach you in web design is "Light backgrounds with darker text." But of course nobody seems to follow that rule anymore. I personally think this site needs some kind of change in design. It has been like this since I joined like a year ago. We need a good logo and header for the site. The one up there is just old and it could look much better. God forbid we actually change something.
white background are harsh on the eyes in dark enviroments, so no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements