• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Demo Units

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

VITA_OWNER

hey guys i was just wondering about the demo units of ps vita that they've been using at e3 and tgs etc does anyone know what happens to them?

Nismology

Sold off as ex-demo units for a discounted price probably. Why, did you want one? ;)

Sony most likely keep the older E3 NGP demo units as they were prototypes.

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy
Probably held onto by Sony, maybe refurbished and sold as dev kits? I know the dev kits have an hdmi out that the retail version will not have.

thehunter01

I dont think that those demo units are going to be used by shops. I think they will keep a hold on them for upcoming events. If not they probably get destroyed.

Midtown

no company is going to sell beta products :p
...Unless they go bankrupt, Thats the reason you see craploads of Atari and Commodore prototypes and Dev-kits on Ebay

Awwwwwwwwwww what a waste they can donate it to meeeee
If you are planning to play with the Beta you own,
Bad Luck buddy, after the heavy use they are in I wouldnt be suprised if the battery life is about 5 seconds and the touchscreen is unresponsive

thehunter01

...Unless they go bankrupt, Thats the reason you see craploads of Atari and Commodore prototypes and Dev-kits on Ebay

If you are planning to play with the Beta you own,
Bad Luck buddy, after the heavy use they are in I wouldnt be suprised if the battery life is about 5 seconds and the touchscreen is unresponsive

i dont think there would be any battery inside them :p

Sam

Retired Moderator
In the apple store I asked what happens to the demo iPhones, and the dude working there said they just disappear... but some are kept just incase they need them. They are most likely destroyed, or refurbished/recycled into new ones. The software would be locked to a demo version anyway, so it wouldn't be the same as buying a Vita new.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements