• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PSVita Dead Nation Coming April 15th

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Register Log in

MadMike

Back at E3 2013, the PS Vita version of Dead Nation was announced, and today I’m pleased to confirm that the game will be launching tomorrow. You’ll finally be able to carry the zombie apocalypse in your pocket.

For those of you who still aren’t in the know after the launch of the PS4 version last month, Dead Nation is a top-down, shoot ‘em up style game set in an apocalyptic zombie world. This classic PSN game was originally developed by the talented team at Housemarque, also known for Resogun and Super Stardust HD.

Like the PS4 version of the game, the PS Vita version has been developed by our friends at Climax Studios, and they’ve faithfully recreated the classic experience of the original PS3 game. Journey through the campaign as Jack McReady or Scarlett Blake, or replay your favorite levels and compete for top scores in the single mission mode. Prefer not to experience the apocalypse alone? You and a friend can play the game in both online or ad-hoc co-op. Make sure you upload your stats whenever possible to support your country in the global standings.

Dead Nation will cost $7.99, and the Road of Devastation DLC can be purchased separately for $3.99. Anyone who has previously purchased the PS3 game or Road of Devastation will be entitled to the PS Vita versions at no extra cost, thanks to cross buy.

Dead Nation feels right at home on PS Vita, and everyone who has seen it so far has really enjoyed it. I can’t wait to hear what all of you think once you get your hands on it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/14/dead-nation-coming-to-ps-vita-april-15th/

algiuz

Yeah, I'm not graphic whore, but I watched few videos online and say wow dis looks good on vita screen. And then I saw vita version... Does vita really is so weak that any kind of dynamic lighting will kill it? Or are devs just lazy bastards?

MadMike

Yeah, I'm not graphic whore, but I watched few videos online and say wow dis looks good on vita screen. And then I saw vita version... Does vita really is so weak that any kind of dynamic lighting will kill it? Or are devs just lazy bastards?

I'd struggle to call Housemarque "lazy bastards". They are a small group of very passionate and skilled developers. I think the graphical deficiencies stem from the fact that this is an older game designed for the PS3's asinine architecture.

SIMSIM16

I was gamesharing this game on ps3 and got it free on plus for ps4, and now I'm going to have to buy it on vita.

Usman

I have it for PS4 and I find the control system a bit tricky to get used to...I have problems aiming with the right stick for some odd reason. Seems like I'll have to rebuy it but I think it's suited more for Vita.

kaizere

i was kinda excited about this game after it was announced on the vita..nice gameplay..massive zombie horde..but the graphics though...I dont put that much thing on the graphics but I dont want pixelated hordes coming after me...its like noise...but still gonna buy this game ...maybe next month :3

Zvy

i was kinda excited about this game after it was announced on the vita..nice gameplay..massive zombie horde..but the graphics though...I dont put that much thing on the graphics but I dont want pixelated hordes coming after me...its like noise...but still gonna buy this game ...maybe next month :3

Looks nothing like pixelated noise.

It looks and plays very well.

Zvy

So I'm just now getting to the Park and initial impression are this:

Game looks and feels great in comparison to its PS3 big brother.
Dash, reload, and melee mapped to the buttons, which takes a little getting used to if you're so used to the ps3, but you'll get over that pretty quickly.

There are some very minor graphical concessions (ex: less junk on the ground), but otherwise it's all there. And while the dynamic lighting is less intense as the PS3, it's still there as well and gives that creepy shadowplay effect.

Ill be curious to know how frame rates hold up deeper in the game, such as the final arena in the graveyard, or the highway to hell. Ive had some very slight drops in the early stages (nothing serious folks), so the late stages will be the real test.

Leaderboards and country ranks are seperate from ps3 and ps4, which is nice. I like the fresh start.

Otherwise the game is crisp and plays really great for the vita thus far.

kaizere

So I'm just now getting to the Park and initial impression are this:

Game looks and feels great in comparison to its PS3 big brother.
Dash, reload, and melee mapped to the buttons, which takes a little getting used to if you're so used to the ps3, but you'll get over that pretty quickly.

There are some very minor graphical concessions (ex: less junk on the ground), but otherwise it's all there. And while the dynamic lighting is less intense as the PS3, it's still there as well and gives that creepy shadowplay effect.

Ill be curious to know how frame rates hold up deeper in the game, such as the final arena in the graveyard, or the highway to hell. Ive had some very slight drops in the early stages (nothing serious folks), so the late stages will be the real test.

Leaderboards and country ranks are seperate from ps3 and ps4, which is nice. I like the fresh start.

Otherwise the game is crisp and plays really great for the vita thus far.

by ''very minor'' you mean unnoticeable? could you make a video or screen shots of the game?....

CTSxViper

by ''very minor'' you mean unnoticeable? could you make a video or screen shots of the game?....
I bought this game yesterday and can confirm it is a 465MB download. I am immensely enjoying this game. Because the screen is small, the graphics are a bit tiny to view, but it is very playable and a lot of fun. So far I am digging it! :)

Zvy

Attachments

• IMG_20140416_124822.jpg
    IMG_20140416_124822.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20140416_124807.jpg
    IMG_20140416_124807.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20140416_124745.jpg
    IMG_20140416_124745.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20140416_124706.jpg
    IMG_20140416_124706.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 54
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Dead Nation anyone? Online Matchmaking 0
vampiszon PSVita Sooo... any news about promised Dead Nation and GoW? PlayStation 7
chrisobsession PSVita Anyone know of a confirmation date for Dead nation for the vita ? PlayStation 8
Jammyluke PSVita Where is our dead nation ? :( PlayStation 9
D Multi Dead Ops Arcade 3 Discord Online Matchmaking 0
Carlos Official Thread Dead Cells General Gaming 0
Carlos Official Thread Dead or Alive 6 General Gaming 0
S Community server project is dead! Gaming News 0
Carlos If you like Castlevania or Metroid, check out Dead Cells PC 0
Carlos Official Thread Red Dead Redemption 2 General Gaming 5
Carlos Official Thread Dead Island Definitive Collection General Gaming 2
Carlos Are aliens dead? Are we alone? Off Topic Lounge 3
E David Bowie dead at 69 years old Entertainment 3
zangetsukai Destiny TTK 15 Killstreak Reign of Terror | Red Dead Destiny 2
G PSVita Are Resistance and call of duty dead? PlayStation 2
Corei7Killa PSVita The Walking Dead season 3 PlayStation 13
DuhWhitePanda TellTale's The Walking Dead Series General Gaming 2
Cmok Walking Dead S05 Entertainment 6
DoomDash PSVita Is the Vita dead? KindaFunnyGames discusses! PlayStation 28
MGS_5 This place is dead :( Completed Suggestions 1
akhi216 Dead or Alive 5 Last Round PC/X360/One/PS4/3 General Gaming 0
Destiny InDepth How To Get ALL DEAD GHOSTS Quick and Easy! Destiny 0
D PSVita Is my Vita dead for good? PlayStation 1
gh0st233 Has anyone here played The Walking Dead? (NO SPOILERS) General Gaming 0
Lawking10 The Walking Dead Entertainment 1
W Left 4 Dead 2 Vs Left 4 Dead? General Gaming 0
W Left 4 Dead As 3rd Person Shooter Game? General Gaming 0
GeneralJustinian PSVita Any chance of getting Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate or Last Round on the Vita? PlayStation 1
Rustbelt PSVita The Walking Dead Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us PlayStation 9
HailVectron Walking Dead (XB1/PS4) Dated... General Gaming 3
Namseyn PSVita Escape Dead Island for Vita? PlayStation 0
lights Dead or Alive 5: Last Round announced for PS4/XB1 General Gaming 2
Rustbelt PSVita The Walking Dead Season 2 Episode 5 PlayStation 26
WhoIsDo Lauren Cohan, Maggie from Walking Dead, plays the Exo Stranger Destiny 14
dan213 Robin Williams Dead Entertainment 1
A No Dead Silence in Advanced Warfare Call of Duty 9
Jamie Is Left 4 Dead the best zombie game? General Gaming 3
Shampoo XIII The Walking Dead Season 3 Confirmed General Gaming 1
I PSVita Is the Walking Dead game still worth buying? PlayStation 27
Cajunfiend 18 Dead Ghost Locations Destiny Beta Destiny 2
DuhWhitePanda PSVita The Walking Dead Season 2: Episode 4 -Amid the Ruins PlayStation 8
Rustbelt PSVita The Walking Dead Season 2 Retail Listed on Amazon PlayStation 5
lifeburn PS4 Dead Island 2 PlayStation 6
loungerman35 PSVita walking dead season 2 episode 3 PlayStation 20
Stray Feral PSVita Question on The Walking Dead S02 PlayStation 10
MisterChewie1 PSVita Question: Walking Dead PS Vita (No Spoilers!) PlayStation 8
Jenbuu Walking dead season + 400days DLC £5 Off Topic Lounge 1
Roubles Dead Space is FREE on Origin! PC 5
A Origin Free Dead Space 1until Limited Time of May 5th Deals and Trading 4
akhi216 PS4 PS4 getting a Dead or Alive game? PlayStation 4