• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Call of Duty 2014

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Next Call of Duty title is....?

• Modern Warfare 4

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • New Sub-Series

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
....So, this year's iteration is coming.

IGN released a new image of COD2014 (codenamed "Black Smith").

View attachment 505

The game is rumored at this time to be 'Modern Warfare 4," it has been rumored since MW3 was released because Sledgehammer Games loves Modern Warfare and would love to work on a "MW4."

Attachments

• 1stImageCOD2014.jpg
    1stImageCOD2014.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 33

JusZenTFN

Senior Moderator
I'm assuming it's going to be MW4. I can say I'm done with COD all I want but I have been a passionate fan of the series so I'll probably check it out in just hoping.

iStemo

Content Team
I myself would rather have a great story/gameplay but I guess if it looks pretty at the same time then why not?

Last edited by a moderator:

roccityroller

does this do absolutely nothing for anyone else either?

i feel like COD is that g/f that always lies to you. You want to believe the bitch but deep down you know she's a gold diggin' skank

iStemo

Content Team

i feel like COD is that g/f that always lies to you. You want to believe the bitch but deep down you know she's a gold diggin' skank
Love it! I say ill never bother with cod then buy it when its half price :L Saying that I think even £20 is way to much at times for Cod.

Kiddingo

FML... I know I will buy it.. with the season pass...

Seriously though with Sledgehammer at the helm, a next gen first focus and a 3 year development cycle I'm very interested in seeing the game in action.

roccityroller

i am starting to get to the point where i am going to need to play a multiplayer demo to re-build my faith in the game.

AJSwain

It looks good, but I still think this is a target render. They used to do this with games back in the Dreamcast days. Saying that the game is actual in-game but they throw antialiasing and other post processes on top of it to make it look better.

xBassDropYETIx

World's Friendliest Yeti

One of the best CoD analogies I have heard and it is spot on.

For the first time I am actually going to hold off on the buying CoD. I will most likely wait to test it out via Redbox before buying it.

Bangcat

Potentially an odd Cybernetic Intelligence
Tell them to go forth and hold the line. UNemployment rate is about to go up if they don't go make another franchise.

COD_Logo.jpg

Bangcat

Think many of us are ready to just drop a titan on it. Who wants to do the honors for a free like?

macisaguy

Cannon Fodder
Yeah...this image does nothing for me. Also...this tired series 7 MONTHS AWAY! Remind me to sort-of care in about 6 months.

Bangcat

There ya go.

Did somebody say free like?

440ff7bf2c382635349e4330e275acdc.gif
[DOUBLEPOST=1398278042][/DOUBLEPOST]Call of Duty should just go down in the deep end of free 2 play titles. At least there they can start to justify their ludicrous levels of cash grabs for every other little thing for those willing to dump more on the game.

But then it's going to catch it's beat down likely from those other titles, but at least itwill keep people pumping coin who know what they're in for.

roccityroller

There ya go.

[DOUBLEPOST=1398278042][/DOUBLEPOST]Call of Duty should just go down in the deep end of free 2 play titles. At least there they can start to justify their ludicrous levels of cash grabs for every other little thing for those willing to dump more on the game.

But then it's going to catch it's beat down likely from those other titles, but at least itwill keep people pumping coin who know what they're in for.

i mean with the latest ghosts gun packs, it's already on a Free to play type of "pay to win" model

aNi

Merged Threads as @iStemo@ failed to search :p

But then again, @Carlos put this in PS4. I've moved it to general gaming for now as it's multi-platform and too soon for platform specific discussion.

My Two cents - Unless they have totally reinvented COD, nothing to see here.

xBassDropYETIx

World's Friendliest Yeti
Merged Threads as @iStemo@ failed to search :p

But then again, @Carlos put this in PS4. I've moved it to general gaming for now as it's multi-platform and too soon for platform specific discussion.

My Two cents - Unless they have totally reinvented COD, nothing to see here.
Short, simple, and to the point.

Bangcat

i mean with the latest ghosts gun packs, it's already on a Free to play type of "pay to win" model

Exactly.[DOUBLEPOST=1398292977][/DOUBLEPOST]They can go play in the Free 2 playground where they will likely make more money off of die hard fans.

Meanwhile I'll go play something more creative like Phantasy Star Online 2. English servers are now in testing.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements