• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Burn Cards... Anyone else earning too fast?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

ohaple

Hey guys. So I have been trying to save up some rare burn cards, but I am finding that even by using 2-3 cards per match, I have to delete 1-2 after avery game. I am earning between 2-6 per game. Maybe the deck should be allowed to be larger or we should get 4 at a time. Anyone else notice this?

TrapLord

Yeah I would like to not have a card limit. It's not game breaking because we can only use 3 per match. Some games I dont even use 1 and next thing I know I have a full deck.

Kenobi

Tbf in the beta it is okay, I just get rid of all the xp cards atm and most of the amped weapon cards apart from the sidewinder and carbine

I hardly ever even use mine. I get them in the slots and I have every intention to use them, but then I get in a match and the action is so crazy that I completely forget.

HailVectron

Father, Welshman, Cmdr
Maybe if they just stopped you getting too many duplicates. I finished with 9 cards last night, 5 of which were an amped shotgun...

Bangcat

Potentially an odd Cybernetic Intelligence
I hardly ever even use mine. I get them in the slots and I have every intention to use them, but then I get in a match and the action is so crazy that I completely forget.

Try some of your enhanced weapon cards, not all of them are your typical standard equitable weapons with just a numbers increase. That sniper with the exploding shells feels like what was used in the first Anime 3D hybrid version of AppleSeed. And that one heavy machine gun is pretty brutal too.

It's like a more rapid fire, slightly less heavy blasting version of what you'll see at about 5:40 of this video.

Try to resist the urge to watch the whole thing, you should really see this move in it's full crisper glory.

AMP Storm

Hard core Randy. Death>camping. Digital athlete.
ya i would like to play the game care free, without constantly watching and stressing my cards every match because i dont want them going to waste.[DOUBLEPOST=1393596363][/DOUBLEPOST]
Maybe if they just stopped you getting too many duplicates. I finished with 9 cards last night, 5 of which were an amped shotgun...
thats all i need :) #ShotGunLife

aNi

The idea of the limit was to ensure that you use them. The game also has to balance out memory usage. This would of been a big contributor in deciding the limit set as well.

If you get duplicates, simply discard them from the deck. That's what I did.

XXXBoXOne

Titan De-Commission Technician
The idea of the limit was to ensure that you use them. The game also has to balance out memory usage. This would of been a big contributor in deciding the limit set as well.

If you get duplicates, simply discard them from the deck. That's what I did.
I was discarding after almost every match, once my pile had filled up and challenges starting completing. The whole process may have been sped up for the Beta though.
I would have liked the option of discarding burn cards or swapping them with ones in my deck, when I had been at my limit and had earned new ones. Some rounds I was completing multiple challenges and earning four or six cards. I think on occasion I may have missed out on newer/better cards, because I had a full deck.

barebackbadger

Pc Gaming Noob- Controllers FTW :)
Totally noob question..
What are the burn cards and there use?
I only had 2 games on the beta (due to time and didnt want to get fed up of the maps)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

High Flying Dwarf

Standby for EvaFall
I found that I earned way too many. They need to up the capacity significantly.[DOUBLEPOST=1393606547][/DOUBLEPOST]or reduce the drop rate.

TheSoulStabber

Sole Survivor
I constantly deleted the burn cards I didn't want and used the ones that were useful to me quickly because I didn't want them to pile up. But I saved my rares (except for the Titan ones) for the last day and used them all in my last few games.

When you collect real cards, you often get common cards. Rarity is also important in Titanfall... you always get new cards, but many of them are too common and you should discard them to get another ones into your deck.

macisaguy

Cannon Fodder
When you collect real cards, you often get common cards. Rarity is also important in Titanfall... you always get new cards, but many of them are too common and you should discard them to get another ones into your deck.

Agreed. You'll get plenty of throwaway's that are fine to use...but the idea is to really try and use the rare care very strategically, and not just to be used as throwaways every round. I have no problem discarding common cards left and right if needed to clear out space.

Also @Bangcat, I love that movie. The first 10 minutes...man that's how you start an epic story. Also, the song that kicks in around 9:30 to intro the Title Screen....I never get tired of that.

Bangcat

Potentially an odd Cybernetic Intelligence
Agreed. You'll get plenty of throwaway's that are fine to use...but the idea is to really try and use the rare care very strategically, and not just to be used as throwaways every round. I have no problem discarding common cards left and right if needed to clear out space.

Also @Bangcat, I love that movie. The first 10 minutes...man that's how you start an epic story. Also, the song that kicks in around 9:30 to intro the Title Screen....I never get tired of that.

All the movies are decent. Be sure to watch the XIII series on YouTube for free, and it's legally uploaded to! So guilt free watching for a limited time!

But for now it's like to throw in a little something special for our info card discussion here . The song and video has been around for a while now, but still fun, catchy, and it's certainly new to many of you.

As such I give our discussion a soundtrack.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements