• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Ban Users from a Thread (Check it out!)

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

IzBoogz

Source: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=260080&highlight=Ban

Why the hassle? When a member causing a hassle with the owner of thread/another member involved the thread then rather closing the thread that useful to the community.This gives you the ability to ban the member from the thread. If a member has to be constantly banned from one thread to another I'm sure you or your staff team will handle the business by giving that particular member an infraction. I hope this help Nickk96 :y:

This is a modification of AcidX's original "Ban Threads User" plugin for vBulletin 3.7. It has been for the most part rewritten with a focus on performance. Major changes include:

This plugin allows moderators to ban users from individual threads. To ban a user, the appropriate option should be selected from the dropdown menu within the post. To unban, either clear all thread bans from the moderation tools menu, unban the user through the dropdown, or click on the username at the top of the thread.

Whenever you're viewing a thread from which users have been banned, a list of usernames will be shown at the top of the thread.

This plugin supports permanent bans as well as n-day bans. Valid durations for temporary bans are between 0 and 364 days. The default duration may be set in the "User Banning Options" page, but you can assign custom values by editing the actual ban url and pasting it in your browser.

Moderators will ONLY be able to use this feature in forums for which they can_moderate(). Super mods and admins will be able to use it in all forums

Pictures Provided:

ss1rt.jpg
||

ss2jmf.jpg
||

ss3ol.jpg

IzBoogz

This is good idea, but I give it a 50% like and 50% hate -_-

B.t.w Im forwarding this to nick so what he says :)

:) I think it should be helpful. I mean why should a useful thread be closed when a member is being disruptive but at same time. The Moderator can be biased of that particular member so that can be a problem. It can go either way. But all in all I'm sure Nick has picked the right staff to Moderate his forum so that won't happen. Your one of the good ones =D

djwormy12

I dont know if this is possible. I know admins can ban a user from a certain section, but idk about normal users banning from treads.....

IzBoogz

I dont know if this is possible. I know admins can ban a user from a certain section, but idk about normal users banning from treads.....

I link the source from where I found it. It is possible. It on vb.org. I have a vb.org account. It compatible to Nick forum. The modification is 3.8.x and Nick forum is 3.8.7 which makes it compatible ;)

Xx305-_-NinjaxX

You Know What, I'm Actually Liking The Idea, This'll Make Any Flame And/Or Speculations In A Certain Thread Stopped By Banning A Particular User From Posting In A Certain Thread.

I'd Approve This, But I Am Not An Administrator, Let Alone Someone That Can Implement This :y: Administrators, Should Definitely Take This Site Suggestion Into Consideration!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements