• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

Anyone picking up a Google Nexus 7?

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy
Sold my Acer A100 to another guy on my ship and pre-ordered the new Google Nexus 7 from Gamestop. Just wondering if anyone else was planning on picking one up?

F34R

I really want one of these, but time isn't right for me and I'll have to save up for it for a long time lol. It looks very promising though.

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy
No, I already have an iPad but it looks sweet. But I don't like 7" tablets

I debated between a 10 and 7 inch when i bought mine and i actually preferred the 7 inch form. Mostly because i could reach all the keyboard keys with my thumb so i could still feel like i was "typing" instead of 1 letter at at time.

According to other forums and the call i got this morning should be able to go pick it up after my Command picnic.

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy
If any of you follow xda developer forum, it has already been rooted to provide a Tablet UI and also to get the micro USB OTG cable support to work.

What really made me jump on this one was i saw the support for the Google phones. I found with other phones/tablets updates were always behind the curve and would sometimes not come at all.

JoeCool

Suck the weenie!
If any of you follow xda developer forum, it has already been rooted to provide a Tablet UI and also to get the micro USB OTG cable support to work.

What really made me jump on this one was i saw the support for the Google phones. I found with other phones/tablets updates were always behind the curve and would sometimes not come at all.
I've been a member for almost 4 years now lol.
Always there for all my phone and tablets rooting needs!
I'll take some screenies of all the aesthetic mods I've done to my phone and Nook lol.

sunjay141

I'm on XDA and I rotted, flashed custom roms and did everything on my last phone but now that I got an Xperia Play and all that I wanna do is play games then more games then some good old emulators then some more games and then emulators then some music then games and you how it goes. I only rooted my phone recently because I needed to get some apps onto my SD card because not all apps can be transferred without link2sd which requires root and I needed to use my mom's PC though I didn't want to because I got a Mac and you can't root with a Mac. I keep telling myself that I gotta go back to the old days but I'm too lazy and I just wanna play more games. Well, that's about it with my rant, I think my food is burning.

Master Jay

▬▬ι═M═O═D═ﺤ
I'll wait for the Kindle Fire 2. I'm pretty sure that's coming out beginning of August for the same price.

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy
Yep DeathMojo, I am a huge xda fan!! I can't wait for this tablet!! lol
I've been a member for almost 4 years now lol.
Always there for all my phone and tablets rooting needs!
I'll take some screenies of all the aesthetic mods I've done to my phone and Nook lol.

I am a fan of the forum, i got somethings for my Galaxy Epic 4g and also for the Acer A100 when i had it.

Picked up the Nexus about an hour ago, really nice and smooth operation. No bloatware minus all the Google stuff. I don't mind the phone UI either. Need to load a few apps on it and some HD movies to see how it looks.

DeathMoJo

The Navy Guy
I'll wait for the Kindle Fire 2. I'm pretty sure that's coming out beginning of August for the same price.

Only reason i didn't wait was my wife has a Kindle Fire and i don't like how everything is linked against Amazon and only way to run apps from the Google play store is to root it and hack it. Also this thing is noticeably lighter than my wife's Fire.

Sam

Retired Moderator
Saving up for a Microsoft Surface. Costs a little more, but it's a full windows 8 computer, and will replace my outdated laptop.

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements