• Welcome to DestroyRepeat - The #1 place to talk about Video Games. Why not take a minute to register for your own free account now? Registration is completely free and will enable the use of all site features including the ability to join in or create your own discussions.

PS4 Final Fantasy 7 Remake

Welcome to Destroy Repeat

We are the gaming and tech community for you

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
Name: Final Fantasy 7 Remake (or FF7 Remake for short)
Release Date: TBA
Genre: Role Playing Game (RPG)
Developer:
Publisher: Square Enix

Many, many FF7 fans has been asking for it, and now Square Enix is delivering it. It will be released for PlayStation 4 first. Stay tuned for more since, Square Enix is still holding their own conference soon.

For those of you who don't know what Final Fantasy 7 is; it's PlayStation's biggest RPG being remade for PS4 first.

E32015 Teaser Trailer:

Kamehameha

I am so freaking excited for this. I can't believe it's happening. A lot of people are worried about what they will change, how much they will change, and everything else. Personally, I am not worried about it. I do love the original battle system, but if they decide to overhaul it so be it.

No matter what, I am buying this game. If there is a collector's edition I will buy that too. This is my favorite game of all time, so Square can take my money!

The story is pretty perfect in my opinion, so I hope they don't stray too much from that but I don't think they will. There are a couple of things I would love to see. The first would be for them to have the option of playing the game with the original turn-based combat, or playing the game with a revamped, modern combat system. That would be neat.

The second thing I would be ecstatic to see, would be for the game to be playable after we beat it. An open world experience that is playable after the story has been complete would be awesome. If that happens I might not ever play another game again!

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
I am so freaking excited for this. I can't believe it's happening. A lot of people are worried about what they will change, how much they will change, and everything else. Personally, I am not worried about it. I do love the original battle system, but if they decide to overhaul it so be it.
The current director for the remake has expressed concerns about messing with the remake. So, I think everyone's worried about nothing. The guy wants to be careful as much as possible.

Already, I've seen changes to the original assets, much of the graphics deviated from the original's. All those people walking around? They look like gangsters walking around. The buildings already look different from the original's. I think when people asked for a remake of FF7, I think they meant "use the original's" graphics, and leave it for the duration of the game. Something like that.
The story is pretty perfect in my opinion, so I hope they don't stray too much from that but I don't think they will. There are a couple of things I would love to see. The first would be for them to have the option of playing the game with the original turn-based combat, or playing the game with a revamped, modern combat system. That would be neat.
Don't think that will happen - that would take a lot of development time. Moreover, during E3, Square says it wants to change the gameplay to comform to today's modern marketplace. Read this.
The second thing I would be ecstatic to see, would be for the game to be playable after we beat it. An open world experience that is playable after the story has been complete would be awesome. If that happens I might not ever play another game again!
The "remaster" of the original game is coming, so I think that version will be used in the bonuses area.

Kamehameha

Yeah, I did read the article about how they plan to change the combat. I figured as much anyways, but I still would like to see the option to play two different ways. Yes, I know that it most likely wouldn't/couldn't happen. Still, like I said, I am buying this no matter what they do with it.

I do still hope that you can run around the map after you beat the game. Especially if they added a few extra bosses and things that appeared after you finish the story. I remember what an experience defeating ruby and emerald were. There are certain things I hope they will do, but I love this game so much that I am sure I will be happy with the finished product no matter what.

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
From PlayStation Experience (PSX 2015) - New Trailer of FF7 Remake, including first gameplay footage...

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
During the May 9th State of Play Livestream, more Final Fantasy VII was shown off...

Carlos

Owner
Staff member
At the Tokyo Game Show event, Square Enix released a new trailer of Final Fantasy 7 Remake...

Like DestroyRepeat!

Advertisements