Visitors can get Hands-On Time with the New Wii U and the Best Nintendo 3DS Games for the Holidays
REDMOND, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Nintendo and fun have always gone together, but never more than this year. Just a day after its launch, the new Wii U home console and its groundbreaking touch-screen GamePad controller will be on display at 26 malls from coast to coast. Starting Nov. 19, consumers will get a chance to learn how Wii U will not only revolutionize how people play video games, but also how people will enjoy video entertainment and connect with family and friends. What’s more, holiday shoppers will also get to play the hottest, must-have games for the portable Nintendo 3DS this holiday season and experience them on the 90 percent larger screens of the new Nintendo 3DS XL hand-held system. The fun continues at select locations with weekend visits from a host of Nintendo characters, game competitions, free giveaways (while supplies last) and a special chance to video chat with Mario.
“Nintendo has something for everyone on your holiday shopping list,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “Whether you want to test drive Wii U with the revolutionary Wii U GamePad controller, check out some great games for Nintendo 3DS or just take a fun break from a busy shopping day, the Nintendo Mall Experience is your oasis from the shopping mall melee.”
Wii U games available to play at the Holiday Mall Experience include New Super Mario Bros. U, Nintendo Land, ZombiU from Ubisoft, Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer 13 from Electronic Arts. Additional games available to play upon request include Just Dance 4 from Ubisoft, Madden NFL 13 from Electronic Arts, Darksiders II from THQ and Scribblenauts Unlimited from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.
Nintendo 3DS games available to play at the Nintendo Mall Experience include New Super Mario Bros. 2, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Pokédex 3D Pro, Skylanders Giants from Activision Publishing, Disney Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion from Disney Interactive and Sparkle Snapshots 3D. Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why’d You Steal Our Garbage?!! from D3Publisher will also be on hand and playable upon request.
The Nintendo Holiday Mall Experience runs Nov. 19 through Dec. 16 at the following locations:
- Westfield Valley Fair in Santa Clara, Calif.
- Independence Center in Independence, Mo.
- Water Tower Place in Chicago
- Westfield Fox Valley in Aurora, Ill.
- Stonebriar Centre in Frisco, Texas
- Queens Center in Elmhurst, N.Y.
- Kenwood Towne Centre in Cincinnati
- Mayfair in Wauwatosa, Wisc.
- Castleton Square in Indianapolis
- Woodbridge Center in Woodbridge, N.J.
- King of Prussia in King of Prussia, Pa.
- Westfield Culver City in Culver City, Calif.
- Mall of Georgia in Buford, Ga.
- The Mall in Columbia in Columbia, Md.
- Solomon Pond Mall in Marlborough, Mass.
- Westfield Southcenter in Seattle
- Southdale Center in Edina, Minn.
- Dolphin Mall in Miami
- The Galleria in Houston
- Westfield San Francisco Centre in San Francisco
- Westfield Topanga in Canoga Park, Calif.
- Westfield North County in Escondido, Calif.
- Washington Square in Portland, Ore.
- Chandler Fashion Center in Chandler, Ariz.
- Northlake Mall in Charlotte, N.C.
- Tyrone Square Mall in St. Petersburg, Fla.
Remember that Wii U and Nintendo 3DS feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu and http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.
For more information about the Nintendo Holiday Mall Experience, including the schedule for character appearances, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wiiu/events/.
Source: Press Release